The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

--intercooler pipes--

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THlSislT

Probationary Member
Nov 11, 2002
Cleveland_Ohio
:confused: what is the best diameter piping for intercoolers. for the lower and the upper intercooler pipes. i.e. 2", 2 1/2", so on. thanks

What turbo do you plan on running, what are your goals, what size is the IC?

You'd probably be good with 2.25" from turbo to IC, and 2.5" from IC to Intake Manifold.

I don't know of a hard, fast rule. You usually find 2½" on DSMs, until things get nuts. Keep in mind the more area you have, the more you're having to pressurize to build boost. Balanced by the larger the pipe, the less wall drag for a given passing volume. Are you going to a bigger blower? Do you want bottom-end grunt, or high-speed windout?

right now i am running the stock TD05 turbo. i have a manual boost controlle on it. i heard if i get a good size ic piping then there will be a pressure drop. (i.e. normally running 14lbs. of boost with factory pipes, just putting on larger pipes i'll will gain 2lbs. and be at 16lbs.)- i hope that makes sense to you. so i was wondering what size pipes. the turbo is ported so it spools really nice and i will eventually get soemthing bigger for for awhile this will do. thanks for the info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back