The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Intercooler pipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Church

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 12, 2002
New_Jersey
I am looking at buying dejon upper and lower intercooler pipes with the hks flange. When i buy a aftermarket intercooler am i going to have to junk the piping i previously bought?
Thanks
Church

If you switch to a front mount then the likely answer is yes because the new IC pipeing will route differently than they do with the sidemount. Some of the lower end front mount IC's use the same routing as the sidemount and might reuse your existing IC pipes. Best to check with your prospective IC vendor.

Steve

If you get your pipes custom done you wont have to ditch the upper intercooler pipe. But alot of full kits are in different positions.

all depends on which intercooler you go with.. I know with the Greddy FMIC the intercooler comes with piping to go back to the stock location where it would meet up with the dejon tool piping..

Well, that's another big issue i need to tackle, which intercooler to get. I was looking at IRC's intercoolers. I'm very iffy about the greddy fm cuz my friend has it and a junebug dented the crap out of a quarter sized part of it which leads me to believe what ive heard about the fins being real weak. I want to get the HKS ss blowoff valve and the only upper pipe ive found to fit it is the dejon tool.
Decisions Decisions!
P.S. Larry good luck with the new turbo.
Church

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back