The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Interchangeable parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsavage2700

Probationary Member
Feb 12, 2019
Pittsburg, California
Please forgive me if there is already a thread explaining this (I’m sure there is) but I have yet to find one specific to what I’m looking for.

I have a 1999 Eclipse RS and was wondering if there are any lists of some sort or if anyone can give me some info on what parts I can take off of a 1999 Spyder GST, suspension/under the hood/interior or exterior.

In a position where I have to take anything off of that car I can use in the future for my RS thank you!

It just depends which parts you're looking for. Most of the drivetrain parts will not be usable since the GST had a Mitsu drivetrain and the RS has a Mopar drivetrain. You could use most of the body parts but obviously nothing related to the roof or hatch area. The suspension is similar. GST has a rear sway bar and disc brakes while the RS does not.

It just depends which parts you're looking for. Most of the drivetrain parts will not be usable since the GST had a Mitsu drivetrain and the RS has a Mopar drivetrain. You could use most of the body parts but obviously nothing related to the roof or hatch area. The suspension is similar. GST has a rear sway bar and disc brakes while the RS does not.
I wanted to try to do the rear brake conversion on my rs that’s the main thing I was curious about but I wanted to take off stuff like that rear sway bar , the hood maybe a quart panel ,and the catback mainly i just wanted to take off as much as possible before it has to go

I wanted to try to do the rear brake conversion on my rs that’s the main thing I was curious about but I wanted to take off stuff like that rear sway bar , the hood maybe a quart panel ,and the catback mainly i just wanted to take off as much as possible before it has to go
The rear brake conversion isn't bad as long as the car isn't rusty. I did it on an avenger years ago. In addition to the rotors and calipers you also want to grab either the master cylinder or porpotioning valve. One of those is different from drum to disk and will cause the rear calipers to drag. I can't remember which it was so hopefully someone else will chime in.

If you are scrapping it or having it towed when you are done you will also want to pull the motor and transmission to sell. Even if you don't know if they work you should be able to get a couple hundred bucks easy.

The rear brake conversion isn't bad as long as the car isn't rusty. I did it on an avenger years ago. In addition to the rotors and calipers you also want to grab either the master cylinder or porpotioning valve. One of those is different from drum to disk and will cause the rear calipers to drag. I can't remember which it was so hopefully someone else will chime in.

If you are scrapping it or having it towed when you are done you will also want to pull the motor and transmission to sell. Even if you don't know if they work you should be able to get a couple hundred bucks easy.
Found a link to this conversion in case anyone comes across this and wants to attempt it http://www.rcaz.com/rcaz/sub indexes/drum_to_disc/index.htm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back