The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Interchangeable parts between 3g and 2g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneYoungBoi

Probationary Member
Nov 26, 2022
Cedar Springs, Michigan
I was wondering if there's anything I can bring a from a 3g eclipse and put into my 2g.

I'm doing a junkyard run soon and there's no 2g's in my local yard but there's a few 3g's and I don't mind putting in 3g parts or from any other car that'll work like the neon's.

I'm looking for mainly any engine parts that might work or anything suspension wise. If there's anything else besides engine or suspension let me know too!

I have a 2G 420a btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys know if 4g seats will fit inside a 2g eclipse? I found a pair at the junk yard today and the reason behind me wanting to wanna swap my seats is because my passenger seat won’t lock in place and if I brake hard enough the whole seat will slide and I really worry for passenger if I were to get in an accident. I’ll post the pictures of the seats I found.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have the Black Leather 3g rear seats, upper and lower. Fit was a little tight but they lock in place just like OEM
Oh shoot thanks for this! I actually need to get new back seats too, mine got went and the foam froze in the winter and when I went to take out my seats the foam ripped really bad…

3G’s have tubular rear arms for the upper and lowers. The V6 should have a slightly thicker rear sway bar if you can find one
I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the V6’s. I don’t believe I need a new rear sway bar but is definitely something I’ll keep in mind. Thank you sir!

3G’s have tubular rear arms for the upper and lowers. The V6 should have a slightly thicker rear sway bar if you can find one

If I wanted to replace my rear control arms I could use 3g? Is it direct replacement?

If I wanted to replace my rear control arms I could use 3g? Is it direct replacement?
The rear end of the 2G is pretty much identical with the 3G. Same for 7G and 8G galants. Before I did my AWD swap I had 3G upper control arms. They’re were an upgrade from the 2G reinforced stamped arms. Currently I have 8G Galant VR4 components but they’re pretty much the same

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back