The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

interchangeable dashboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueTalon95

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2003
Palmdale, CaliforniaUS
Hey guys, quick question. The dashboards of all 2G eclipses & talons are interchangeable right? Got a buddy with a 96 TSI who wants to get the interior out of a 99GSX, but he thinks the dashboards are different. I say they are exactly the same. Who's right?

you are.

if you weren't you would not have posted it !

;)

on a similar note, looks like the avengers have grey radio bezels and grey vent/hazard/etc pieces if anyone is ever looking to go all grey.

the door panels are all grey too, no funky fabric...
perfect for those changing their seats out.

In 99 they finally gave up on that stupid fresh air lever to the right of the dash vents that no one can feel any difference with. But that's just the insert that holds the vents and the defroster, hazard, and annoyingly perplexing, never-used Mystery Switch Hole.

Defiant said:
In 99 they finally gave up on that stupid fresh air lever to the right of the dash vents that no one can feel any difference with. But that's just the insert that holds the vents and the defroster, hazard, and annoyingly perplexing, never-used Mystery Switch Hole.

maybe mitsubishi thought it'd be a good place for an alarm LED? :rolleyes:

They were actually going to release the 'Eliminate Crankwalk & Not Breakdown' switch, but it never made it to the assembly line. So instead, we all just got a little plastic insert.

Defiant said:

actually I felt a 10 -15 degree difference with the lever set to fresh mix instead of straicht a/c. I was wondering what the heck was wrong with my a/c when I realiozed the doors were colder than the dash, flipped the lever and was quite amazed at the difference it made...

Attack Eagle said:
actually I felt a 10 -15 degree difference with the lever set to fresh mix instead of straicht a/c. I was wondering what the heck was wrong with my a/c when I realiozed the doors were colder than the dash, flipped the lever and was quite amazed at the difference it made...

as the symbol denotes, the blue is cooler air and black is warmer. I too, have noticed a difference - though i don't understand the need for two different cool/warm dials. :rolleyes:

dynatos said:
They were actually going to release the 'Eliminate Crankwalk & Not Breakdown' switch, but it never made it to the assembly line. So instead, we all just got a little plastic insert.

That was a huge mistake... :rolleyes:

dynatos said:
as the symbol denotes, the blue is cooler air and black is warmer. I too, have noticed a difference - though i don't understand the need for two different cool/warm dials. :rolleyes:

it's for winter... mix some outside air in on the center vents so it is not too hot for the rear passengers iguess

blue is no outside air...

What rear passengers? ;)

Thanks Attack. Just won twenty bucks!

That mystery switch hole would be great for a self destruct button... Oh wait, turning the key already does that :thumb:

Attack Eagle said:
it's for winter... mix some outside air in on the center vents so it is not too hot for the rear passengers iguess

blue is no outside air...
Jesus, I don't know if I'd subject even a politician to that back seat.

The bottom hole can be modified to accept another hazard light switch. I'd like to mount up a spare exhaust system with explosive bolts, and use that for the jettison. I don't much like tailgaters.

LOL how about just having it flip down your license plate to reveal "BACK THE F* OFF" in terms anyone could understand....LOL

Slipstream said:
LOL how about just having it flip down your license plate to reveal "BACK THE F* OFF" in terms anyone could understand....LOL

b/c some people take it as a challenge and get even closer.

i would like to have one of those hot rod flame throwers for that very reason...

Attack Eagle said:
b/c some people take it as a challenge and get even closer.

i would like to have one of those hot rod flame throwers for that very reason...

i thought having the hatch open with two of those big stadium arena halogen lights lift up and blind the freakin' crap out of them would always be fun :laugh:

had a GS in the shop yesterday with the black interior

the upper part of the dash is black, the console was balck and the two lower pieces next to the back seat, and the door panel was black. the door handle and trim was black too... as was the door sill scuff protector...

I think it would look best if you had the upper black dash the black door panels with the original grey speaker grills to match the line break on the dash, and the rear seat black pieces, and dyed or painted the hatch pieces black to match...

particularly on a black car... Hmmm...
thats nice idea....

my friend with the TSI is doing all black interior with orange accents, and the stock blue on the outside.

I'm doing a black dash with grey accents. Black doorpanels with grey accents.

The fresh air lever is also used when defrosting. It's so you can blow hot air on the windshield and cool air on you. Like if it's raining in the summer you still need to defrost but it's too hot to stand. But hey I never remember it's there anyway :thumbdown

i only use it in winter when I have the heat on max to keep my toes and torso toasty waaarm, and hit mix so the outside air keeps the upper vents from being too hot to stand.
(that would be on the first upper/floor setting)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back