The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

intake & tb. want to upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20gst

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2003
Colorado_Springs_Colorado
Im thinking of getting the Extreme intake manifold and there oversized tb or even the 75mm tb.
Im wondering what kinda problems am I looking at by doing this. ?

Im running a 20g set up w/272/272 HKS. My Q, is Im still using the stock ecu and wonder if by going down this path if I might run into some problems. I have the AFC..
Someone told me to run a set up like this I can only do it if I go standalone ? I here I could maybe get away with it by using a MAFT translator too ??
Just wondering if anyone can help me out, if anyone has real experance with my above upgrade I want to do next. Thanks:cool:

Originally posted by 20gst
Im thinking of getting the Extreme intake manifold and there oversized tb or even the 75mm tb.

Im running a 20g set up w/272/272 HKS. My Q, is Im still using the stock ecu and wonder if by going down this path if I might run into some problems. I have the AFC..
Someone told me to run a set up like this I can only do it if I go standalone ? I here I could maybe get away with it by using a MAFT translator too ??
Just wondering if anyone can help me out, if anyone has real experance with my above upgrade I want to do next. Thanks:cool:

Just get a 1G t-body and pick the intake that you feel will best suit your goals. extreme, forester,Polk and BJ all have nice intakes. A buch of people on this board have the magnus and the forester.

i have 272's and i use a VPC/S-afc for fuel control works great.

Originally posted by 20gst

I think you should figure out why your only trapping 109 mph before you waste the money. Get a 1g IM and 1g TB for now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back