The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Intake pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash27578

20+ Year Contributor
May 5, 2003
Livingston, Tennessee
I have a gst and I'm looking at the intake pipes. I know that they open the air to the turbo up but how much dose it really help? Is it worth it or is the open air adapter just as effective?:confused:

the biggest advantage of the aftermarket pipe is it won't flex in under WOT and you will also be removing the dumptube inside the stock pipe which restricts air flow even more. But if the dumptube goes so does your whistle sound from your BOV. It is a huge difference if you go to a aftermarket pipe and filter. Alot more pull especially in between 3000-7000rpm.

I felt a HUGE Difference when i got my Intake. Spools alot faster and smoother. You can tell it's alot easier on the turbo. Plus you can hear Spool alot better. But I'll let you decide (Pic)

Attachments

• myintake.jpg
    myintake.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 100
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back