The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Intake Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unplugme71

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2011
Central, New_Jersey
I was considering buying the ExtremePSI hard intake pipe for my stock T-25. My question is, if I upgrade to the EVO III 16G or larger turbo, will my intake pipe be worthless?

Or if I go with the K&N FIPK with Injen pipe, will there be any fitment issues? One site stated that the filter would be pushed too far out.

Can I use the FP or Dejon with the stock MAF?

I also plan to recirculate, does FP or Dejon have recirculation tube inlet? What about for the Valve Cover hose?

The fp intake pipe size is way to big for any mhi turbo. The reducers required to go from 4" to 2.75" creates a huge bottle neck. Get the ebay pipe or the extremepsi.

The fp intake pipe size is way to big for any mhi turbo. The reducers required to go from 4" to 2.75" creates a huge bottle neck. Get the ebay pipe or the extremepsi.

So I should wait on the intake pipe until I get a bigger turbo?

So I should wait on the intake pipe until I get a bigger turbo?

You should wait on getting a 4" intake until either the turbo requires it, or you can sufficiently manage the 4.00 to 2.25 reduction necessary to run a 4" intake with a 2.25" turbo inlet. That requires a creative solution (and not the 4" to 2.25" coupler as mentioned above), so yes an intake is a good idea, just look for an appropriately sized one.

I think I will wait to upgrade the intake pipe until I upgrade the turbo over the winter time. No point in buying 2 different pipes or messing with adapters.

Just get the intake attachment that comes from K&N you get more air flow and you keep your stock intake. Its basically fine till your turbo needs a bigger inlet thats when you go and buy the FP Intake with a BOV return flange for 120$ after that your set for basically any application. This way you don't feel like its a waste to buy a intake, then later on buy another one but instead you use your stock intake with a higher flowing filter till you need a new intake and then you already have the filter ready to go

I think I will wait to upgrade the intake pipe until I upgrade the turbo over the winter time. No point in buying 2 different pipes or messing with adapters.

The ebay pipe will work fine for both. Only runs about $40. Works with stock maf and has pipe for recirc.

Just get the intake attachment that comes from K&N you get more air flow and you keep your stock intake. Its basically fine till your turbo needs a bigger inlet thats when you go and buy the FP Intake with a BOV return flange for 120$ after that your set for basically any application. This way you don't feel like its a waste to buy a intake, then later on buy another one but instead you use your stock intake with a higher flowing filter till you need a new intake and then you already have the filter ready to go

That's what I will do then. I ordered the K&N FIPK for now. Thanks for the advice!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back