The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Intake Pipe

remmargorp

Proven Member
127
0
Jan 17, 2005
Somewhere, Maryland
I'm starting to purchase what I need to run the GM MAS + Translator in blow through configuration.

I'm looking at intake pipes from Dejon Tool. It's giving me an option on 2 3/4" or 3" diameter (CIP-1gQ). Is 2 3/4" stock intake pipe diameter? Is it a little larger? Will I need a reducer? What would I need for the 3" intake pipe, just a reducer to 2 3/4" or to something else?

For the UICP piping. I was going to get the 2 1/2" blowthrough UICP (UIP-1gD). I haven't measured the side-mount outlet, it's the stock Sidemount Intercooler, I am assuming it's 1 3/4" diameter so I would get the 1 3/4" to 2 1/4", since the UICP is 2 1/2" would I need something to change it's size from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2"?

I would also be getting the 3" GM MAS, it states it fits the GMAF30 (3" mas), so I guess it's safe to assume I wouldn't need anything other then the 3" GM MAS and the translator to get that working?
 

99gst_racer

Moderator
11,949
1,386
Apr 5, 2003
Coloma, Michigan
remmargorp said:
I'm starting to purchase what I need to run the GM MAS + Translator in blow through configuration.

I'm looking at intake pipes from Dejon Tool. It's giving me an option on 2 3/4" or 3" diameter (CIP-1gQ). Is 2 3/4" stock intake pipe diameter? Is it a little larger? Will I need a reducer? What would I need for the 3" intake pipe, just a reducer to 2 3/4" or to something else?
What turbo are you running? You will need a coupler to adapt the pipe diameter to the diameter of the turbo inlet. Dejon Tool can supply you with such a coupler upon your request.

remmargorp said:
For the UICP piping. I was going to get the 2 1/2" blowthrough UICP (UIP-1gD). I haven't measured the side-mount outlet, it's the stock Sidemount Intercooler, I am assuming it's 1 3/4" diameter so I would get the 1 3/4" to 2 1/4", since the UICP is 2 1/2" would I need something to change it's size from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2"?
WTF OK, now I'm lost..... Can you please clairify the specific question?

remmargorp said:
I would also be getting the 3" GM MAS, it states it fits the GMAF30 (3" mas), so I guess it's safe to assume I wouldn't need anything other then the 3" GM MAS and the translator to get that working?
You need the GM MAS, the Translator box, and the nessacery couplers and/or piping to make the 3" sensor fit what ever IC pipe set-up you choose.....
 

remmargorp

Proven Member
127
0
Jan 17, 2005
Somewhere, Maryland
99gst_racer said:
What turbo are you running? You will need a coupler to adapt the pipe diameter to the diameter of the turbo inlet. Dejon Tool can supply you with such a coupler upon your request.

I've got the stock 14b


99gst_racer said:
WTF OK, now I'm lost..... Can you please clairify the specific question?

Nevermind about that question... little confusing but I found on dejon tool's website what I needed.

Information & Instruction all Upper IC Pipes:
1.All Pipes are made from 2 1/2" dia. x 18ga mandrel bent steel tubing and includes the Throttle Body Elbow. Sets Include all SS hose clamps and couplings, four M8 X 70mm long throttle body bolts
2.If you select 1 3/4 to 2 1/4" SMIC outlet size (stock IC or our MSI-1gA), this UIP will come necked down to 2 1/4" at the IC and includes a rubber spacer for the stock IC.
3.If you select 2 1/2" SMIC outlet size (our SIC-1gD or Supra), the UIP is a full 2 1/2"
4.Also select your Intake Manifold from Stock DSM, our IM-1gA1 or Magnus.
5.For HKS, also purchase flange below. For Tial, purchase Tial BOV complete with flange or flange alone.

The pipe is necked down already for the stock sidemount. (I should have read everything first)



99gst_racer said:
You need the GM MAS, the Translator box, and the nessacery couplers and/or piping to make the 3" sensor fit what ever IC pipe set-up you choose.....

Looking at the picture here it looks like the UICP comes ready to fit to the 3" MAS... I just wasn't sure if I needed anything other then what they supplied.
 
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Top