The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Intake pipe???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareem17

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario_Canada
I have a K&N fipk, greddy type-s bov, garrett big t28. What intake pipe do I need to get that will fit? I have heard that some do not fit cause the fipk is too big?

They should all just replace the stock pipe - placing the filter in almost the same spot.
But i know that a big filter and a pipe any longer and it wont fit - i think somone with the same filter and a after-market intake pipe needs to chime in here.

Yes, the injen and the longer cone filter will hit the inner wall. I think the dejon might be the same way. If you put an accordian next to a larger diameter intake pipe, that was intended to replacethe stock one, you will see that the aftermarket is alittle bit longer in total length to compinsate (sp) in the new bends and the size of the pipe itself.

If you go with the shorter oval type filter (the same one ised in the 3000GT FIPK) you will clear the wall by over 3-5inches.

On a side note. If you want to save some money and use it elsewhere, leave the stock accordian in. The 1-3hp gain is not really worth it. I made my 311whp with a stock accordian. OMG

Dieselboy said:
Most people get intakes for the increased spool and BOV sound rather than power gains.

I hope so. My 20G would get full spool by 3.7 rpm. That is good enough for a 20G. I still find it as a waste in the beginning stages. He would benifet more if he spent that money on the upgraded fuel he will need to run to its potential or replacing that stock UICP for boost response. :)

Agreed :thumb: . Or you can be a cheap ass like me and make your own 3" aluminum intake ;) . Came out good, I did it myself because I dont feel anyone should pay close to $100 for any intake. My intake project cost me around $50, and even though Im just in the basic stages with my second DSM, it helped a bit with acceleration and definitly the sound factor.

Dejontool, there is no other option IMO. i love mine, it looks great, performs great, and sounds great. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back