The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo0sTeD 4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2008
Miami, Florida
i finally finished building my 2g fully built i am missing an intake manifold i was checking out on eBay because i did not know were to start i want the best manifold out there for the price but i see a lot on eBay that say 50hp to the wheels which is the weapon r but that can possibly be true does anyone know a good one that they have tested and have real numbers that will work and give me the most performance i can get from an intake manifold

if your looking at a manifold dont buy ebay. Please. You will regret it and everyone else will say the same. The design is choppy along with the construction and materials. Dont cheap out on a mani. Buy magnus or another from one of the supporting vendors. They are pricey for sure but well worth it. Its tempting to buy ebay brands because of the price but i'm in the same boat too..I want one as well and i'm saving up for a decent one not on ebay

i was looking at the magnus but its $1000 i just dont know if all that money will make that big of a difference if it will then i will get that one of its worth it and the magnus has 2 designs it has the street and drag race i would also like to know the difference in hp because its 300 in pricing you know any other brands that might be good

there are so many to choose from i just want to make sure the one i get is the right one i think im going to go with the weapon r or the jm fabrications i hope to get some feedback on some manifolds to know which one to buy

friend of mine went with a ebay intake mani and he blew the welds because it was like 24 gauge alum. LOL if u know a good alum tig welder have him fab one up im having a guy at work make me one because i can use whatever scrap pieces i want and its free!!! which is the best price for me LOL

Doesn't matter which is better. Going to a SMIM could be useless. What does matter is what's his setup.

He said that he got a fully built motor.So that means ,that he went with Big turbo and ofcourse bigger cams.If you add an aftermarket intake manifold on top of big turbo and big cams,you will be close to 50hp gain ;) :thumb:

He said that he got a fully built motor.So that means ,that he went with Big turbo and ofcourse bigger cams.If you add an aftermarket intake manifold on top of big turbo and big cams,you will be close to 50hp gain ;) :thumb:

So you expect he's running a gt42 with HKS 288 cams? Fully built that mean big turbo and big cams. It only means forge internals work like pistons and rods.

theres a shop down here that had a scooby there with a magnus manifold and the welds looked like @$$,i was gunna go with the magnus myself but after seeing one in person i was so surprised with the quality of it,even the shop guys had a different view on the magnus,so i checked out the jmf manifold and was really leaning towards it after watching the video it just seems like the put more effort into the welding and design of it,and a guy from here had a 1g jmf manifold for 400 so i picked it up and im not disappointed in it at all

I don't really like ebay products for our cars, I bought a bov and that boy got stripped out real quick and wasnt holding pressure anymore..

I have a JMFab mani and I also had a Venon style replica. THe JMFab quality is bar none, but the knock off I bought off here wasnt to bad either, just a little big for what I needed at the time.

for you people that are intrested in my setup and a fully built motor like i said i mean i have

balance shaft eliminator
arp mains
je pistons .20 over
eagle rods
for the bottom end

the head
cometic head gasket
arp head studs
the whole head is ferrea valves 1mm retainers locks whole head is ferrea entirely
i have jim wolf cams 288
dnp turbo manifold
master power turbo rated at 700hp

transmission
quaife lsd
with drive shaft shop axles

i also have walbro 255 fuel pump
850cc injectors
safc 2
aem boost controller
i cant remember what else but yes what do you guys recommend for an intake manifold for my setup that i will get the most hp out of it but wont crack or nothing like that

Have fun tuning your 850cc injectors with your safc-2, it will be a pain to get it to run right. I have never heard of a "master power turbo", sounds like it came off ebay as well. I have a JMF race manifold and I love it, the quality is amazing!

Have fun tuning your 850cc injectors with your safc-2, it will be a pain to get it to run right. I have never heard of a "master power turbo", sounds like it came off ebay as well. I have a JMF race manifold and I love it, the quality is amazing!

my car will be tunned by someone i will not be doing it myself and i have head alot of good things from master power turbos i have a couple of friends that have masterpower turbos and they havent had any problems yet and there cars are running good

Good luck MasterPower turbos, but you'll have to go to bigger injectors and dual pump fuel system if you want to get even close to the 700hp mark for the turbo. You might also want to consider going to a stand alone ECU and ditching that electronic boost controlling too because it CANNOT hold high boost.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back