The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kantar77

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2009
Brandon, Manitoba_Canada
Hi,
Im new to the Dsm World and i was looking at intake manifold and i saw a huge difference in some of the prices and i was wondering, what is the differences bewteen them, because i don't want to spend more money than i need to.

Tech Guide: 1G 4G63t Upgrades - DSMtuners

Make sure your timing belt/balance shaft belts are changed first. A new intake manifold isn't a very good first upgrade. Find a exhaust shop that will run you 3in with no cat. and that'll probably be your best upgrade for the money.

Yes if everything is stock on your car like your profile says then you have a long...long time till you will ever need one of those. I didnt purchase mine till I was over 400whp and I still could have held off on it for a while. There are people running 10 on stock intake manifolds.

Follow the upgrade paths on this site and many others(RRE,Machv,etc). You definitely have a long way to go before you need an intake manifold on your dsm. Also check out VFAQ.com as they have a lot of free mods as well as maintenance tutorials.
I would also suggest a power/1/4mile goal for your car so that you can choose parts accordingly to your goals. Be realistic as well

Also this may go without saying but the more power you make the more money you will have to spend on broken parts. After you get over the 350whp mark it gets worst so keep that in mind.

Well I was thinking off buying a new turbo for it like a EVOIII 16g, also doing a rebuild to the engine so i thought it would be good to get a new intake manifold. Also iam getting new exhaust, I have done mods to my other car. I have done alot of reading and learning about engines and turbo's.

maybe you should look into manifold designs. you'll see that most aftermarket manifolds are for higher then stock rpms, or large amounts of airflow. which like stated above is only necessary for high hp applications.

Your stock should be fine for now, take your time and do the mods as they fit your goals, lots of dsms put down nice numbers on stock manifolds. Get the basics covered first then work your way up. Well give you a hand.

Thanks guys for all the help, this is a great forum already. I have been looking around budgeting some prices, i know its gonna take time and i will start up from the bottom, but i wanna build around the turbo. I was wondering about the head on these cars, do they flow well for stock?

What would be the awnser to the OP for us guy's that are making the power??

For what you spend you can get dsmlink 3 and tune your car around that no matter what you get in the future. Once you get that youll have the tuning stuff already done, except for a wideband with your setup i would get that nex. just my 2 cents.

Thanks, Ill have to check it out. I was wondering what the stock turbo can take. And should i redo all my hoses and belts pretty much a tune up. Is there any thing i should change cause this is a new car to me so i dont know yet what could be worn out, i want to start off by making sure everything is good before more horsepower

timing belt, hg, battery, fuell pump, hoses, gaskets, clutch if its a 5 speed. axles, wheel bearings, compression test, oil leaks, oil and coolant lines. plugs, wires, sensors, knock sensors, radiator, water pump, seals just about everything bad wires, or connections, make it a project one thing at a time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back