The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have no clue about the cyclone. Although I feel that it would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

The 1st generation intake mani has very large ports to match the 1g head. It will not bolt up to your head.

-T

yea, whats wrong with just finding a stock 1g intake manifold? (hint, i got one for sale for 75 shipped... :sneaky: )

While yes, it will bolt right up, the ports in a 1g intake are MUCH larger than the intake ports on your 2g head. I have a 1g intake on my 2g head. I had to port the head's intake ports to match the intake.

IF YOU DO NOT PORT THE HEAD AND JUST BOLT ON THE INTAKE, YOUR CAR WILL RUN MUCH WORSE THAN JUST LEAVING IT ALONE.

Here's a picture of my 2g head with a 1g intake gasket, so you can see the huge difference in sizes. That's how much metal I had to cut out to make it work.

Attachments

• 2g_head_01.jpg
    2g_head_01.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 200
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back