The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Insurance [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$984/12 months, 15% off if I pay 6 months up front. Full coverage, towing, car rental, and all the extra blah blah blah. I go through State Farm, as my car, truck, mortgage, and wife's car is all under it. But the eclipse is seperate, as I only pay 8 months out of the year. The remaining 4 is during the winter in my garage. If anything happens to the car during the winter, homeowners covers it.

Im about to sell my 93 gst and make my awd 92 laser more street friendly and
am prepared to make that my daily driver which up to this point has only been tracked and garaged.
I never put insurance on the laser yet and havent had any quotes so before I do i am wondering what the main difference in insurance cost between the two would be like. Ive browsed thru a few insurance threads like this one
I was thinking that the laser would have lower insurance costs than an eclipse just by name alone, but i def could be wrong. Also what are some tips to help keep the insurance low, ive heard of car alarms and safety equip. features tend to help lower insurance some how ?
And when they do a visual inspection I wonder if race like parts, and my race like theme I have on the car will raise insurance even more..

( For example; somethings they will be able to visually see that were added...
two gauges, no back seats, front and rear strut bars, racing steering wheel, front mount, intake filter, etc. )

Thanks...

man, i gotta get out of new jersey, every place quoted me at least $5000+ a year, geico quoted me almost $8000 a year, save me hundreds by switching to geico, my butt, and this is with highest ded. avaible, FOR A GS, CMON, and i put down all the tricks to get cheaper insurance, main reason i bought it cause i thought it was gonna be cheap insurance, ugh, "luckily" after about searching 20 different sites/local big/little name companies around here, i found ONE for $2000 a year, idk how they can have it that so much lower compare to everyone else, even tho thats still wayyyy too much, yea thats with $2500 ded., only thing ive done was get a ticket when i was 18 driving with no lights(reckless driving) and totalled my mustang in 2005, and im 22.

Here's my In$urance $tory. Keep in mind I first purchased my gs-t in March, 01 (18 yrs. old)

When I was 20 yrs. old(2003), I had already received tickets for willful reckless, careless driving, and exhibition of acceleration. In return it got me my license suspended for 6 months, which bumped my insurance up to 160 a month for LIABILITY. Two months after I got my license renewed, I got a dui. I should of learned, but didn't. 6 more points off the 12 allowed, now facing a year suspension for points. After 3 months mandatory dui license suspension, I had to have 3 years of HIGH RISK insurance, $225 a month, for LIABILITY. Live and learn I did, and very cheap at that. After the 3 years, my insurance dropped to $110 a month, effective Aug. 1, 2006. After getting married a month later Sept 9, 2006, it dropped a little. Then driving I-80 to Lincoln for a job interview after never having a speeding ticket in my life, I managed to get two in less than an hour.:mad: But, more good news, I turn 25 in March, and my American Family agent said to expect around $45 a month:thumb:
This explains why it is 6 years in the making and I'm finally moving on past the stage 1-2 upgrade path!!:dsm:

I just got my new insurance policy on my GSX. Get this $189 a month for LIABILITY only!!! Im 20 with no tickets and no wrecks on my record. I think im getting shafted:cry:

Farmers $30 a month on my parents account, still covers me because I have a different address on the drivers license.

38.52 a month USAA military insurance i get it for life since my dad was in the navy. thanks dad

I have insurance under my mom, I am 19, no accidents/tickets, and my insurance is ~$95.00 a month a liability.

All for a 92 TSI.

96 tsi awd. 22 years old. VERY bad driving history-have 11 points. tickets for everything from speeding, reckless driving, eluding(LOL i was young and dumb). Had a wreck or two when i was like 16. i am paying 230 every six month for liability plus comprhensive. I just switched to progressive, they are really cheap i recomend them to everyone! #### state farm they have ridicoulous prices and dropped me.

when i bought my car 2 years ago i paid like 215 a month, then when turned 21 went down to 115, now im 22 im down to 107 full coverage 1000$ deductable(hopefully go to 500).got 2 tickets 2 get off yet. no accidents

19yrs old...1 wreck, only other ticket was for running a stop sign by my house... 98 GST... student... $250month full coverage...o and I JUST got my 1st ever speeding ticket last night so that will take its toll:beatentodeath::cry:

i pay 150 a month for 99 dakota 4x4 5.2L , a 99 explorer xlt sohc 4.0L , and my 89 probe gt , full coverage for all . comp,collision,ad&d,$100k/$300k coverage.

I have AAA insurance and when i had my 97 GS I was paying like 160 i believe and than it dropped to 130 a month with liability only. When I bought my 98 GSX it dropped to 120 a month. Oh, no tickets/wrecks. I was surprised it dropped, even though its only $10, because it's a faster car b/c of the turbo and AWD and all.

$140 A month- 19, one traffic wreck ticket (fault). Student. Full coverage 99 GSX

Im 26. Have a kid. $200 every 3 months.Comprehensive:rocks:

I am 23 year old male , we get a family discount through state farm because all the cars are insured with them. My insurance is $60 per month for minumum coverage.
I drive a 1997 Eagle Talon Turbo. I think it just dropped to around 45 per month but I have not checked. I pay 312 every six months I believe now.

Upgradecar.blogspot.com

im 22 and mine is 180 a month. its used to be 80 but got a ticket 5points so i got screwed. but the ticket falls off in about a year and a half

I am new to DSM's and was wondering what the monthly would be on a 99 gsx... my buddy has an 06 sti and his monthly is about 550 i want to but a gsx and wana know what the insurance price is gonna be, btw i am 18 yrs old.

You should really get an insurance quote from gieco or state farm. but trust me its going to be the same as your buddy or more. ages 18-24 insurance gonna be high as hell google it

20 years old, 2 wrecks ( 1 at fault), 99 gsx

$72 liability
$210 full coverage

I'm on liability as my car joined the jackstand baller crew

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back