The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Insurance [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On 5/22/07 I will have had my license for 4 years. I acquired 17 points in a matter of 10 months that I owned my eclipse, due to my reckless driving and stupidity. I now have my license back and have paid every ticket. The bad part is insurance is unaffordable. I know I am not the only person on this forum with this problem, how do you guys pay for it?

My previous insurance company quoted me 1000$ first month and 340$ a month thereafter for a year. Thats almost 5000$ a year.

Geico online quoted me 2397$ for 6 months or 4620$ for a year because of my credit.

I dunno about you guys but that is a lot of money.

My driving record isn't that bad, but it's not perfect either. I totalled 2 vehicles before I turned 21, one of which was actually my fault. Have you looked at progressive.com?

Through them the Talon costs me about $100 less per 6 months than my old ford contour did with my previous company. That same company wanted about $200 more per 6 months than I pay now to insure the Talon. I don't pay anywhere near what you do though, I'm around $450 per 6 months.

Progressive lets you pick and choose your coverage, if you want a certain higher or lower level or want to eliminate uneeded items -like rental coverage etc. then you can and it reflects in the price.

Depending on your state's rules, you may be able to get some of those tickets deferred I think. In some states, you can take defensive driving classes or just ask for a deferment (which is a one time deal) and some tickets will never show up on your record at all. It may be too late for you to do this but it doesn't hurt to ask your dmv.

im a step 36 due to cops hatin on street bikes. i have been demed uninsureable by many inurance companys. i have a neglegent opp of a motor vehcle, 2 operating to endangers, and 2 driving on a suspensions. licence has been suspended 9 times. i had to sign my car over to my girlfriend and have her register it and insure it. only costs about $1100 for compulsory a year under her name. when i was a step 25 i was payin like $4000 for compulsory under my name. i had it under mad dads name for a while and it was only $900 a year for comprehensive with collision. he got pissed cause i kept gettin tickets so he signed it back over to me. i feel like im playing musical titles. truely im the second owner but on the books its a four owner car now.:cry:

I currently have geico, but will be leaving them this month. They wanted to drop my coverage because my car was lowered. I was told I would have to raise the car back up to stock height. This all was a result of a tow truck company falsely telling geico that my car only had two inches of ground clearance. when in reality my car was lowered 2 inches.
my dad had geico for 10 years and me five. during my time with geico, I never received one ticket or filed any claims. I've had my car towed atleast 15 times since I've owned it and all I demanded was a flat bed truck. but everytime I needed my car towed geico would give me a hard time. We found a good deal with a local allstate agency that is by my house. I suggest that before getting a quote, that you ask an insurance company there policy on covering modified cars. oh and if you have geico and your engine is modified or your car lowered you might wanna keep that :shhh: because they will drop you.

No one else can quote insurance for you. Call the companies and get a quote. Or try one of the online quote systems.

Age, driver history, location, and a ton of other things come into play. People's insurance can be $20 or $500 monthly. It depends on a LOT of things.

You all lucky so far. 3650=16 white male in MA. Full coverage. No coverage was 2500 or around there. Thats for a sports car now also. My tarus is ####ing stupid money like 2900. Such crap i hate MA. all insurance is the same its just about who has the best benifits. AAA FTW. GOlD member

NVM spaceball takes the cake. Your a dumbass man. Want to be friends =). F**K MA.

Mine is 350 every six months as a high school student and liablitity.

hey eldiablo, fairhaven huh? my g/f lives in the north end of new portugal so i spend a lot of time down there. what color is your car? i bet ive seen it around.

well.... i totaled my 05 sentra that i had before my eclipse, being stupid i acquired quite a bit of tickets and had my license suspended. it was supposed to be suspended for a year but got some tickets takin care of and thenthat removed my suspension. well i just went in to renew my policy and it dropped 30 bucks a month LOL. so its only like 102 a month full coverage and i am 21

100 a month under USAA :thumb:

It's only liability, so if I crash and its not my fault do I lose my car?!:confused:

I just got insurance today...64.19 a month and when i went through the contract, i had the same problem as somebody else on here...they have my car listed as a GS and i have a GST..i double checked the VIN and everything but i kinda let it slide, LOL..! Although he told me that it was originally supposed to be 60 but after he put the VIN in it went up by 5 bucks...not too shabby IMO...although i find it kinda funny that my Registration is more than my insurance:p gotta love Texas and Military

i have a 1997 eagle talon tsi i was paying 1110 for 8months on full coverage on my parents insurance and me on secondary driver. Im 20 ive been driving since i was 17 under my parents insurance on their vehicles. Next year i might be screwed i recently got two tickets and one for 170/100 im taking both tickets to court to see if i can get them dropped or lowered. I got a price quote on a 1990 buick le sabre limited edition 3.8 v6 4 door and they quoted me like 170 a month for liabilty with the one ticket in. so i can just imagine how much its going to be for my talon since my parents wont insure me next year.

...$382.80/mo... liability only

Allstate Indemnity, Washington DC.
...anyone local have any recommended insurers?

Im 24 Live In Croydon PA, for my 1997 Mits Eclipse Gst and My Acura MDx fully insured its 260.00 a month, and thats with no tickets, no acidents and i own my own house. they still get you..

Brian

my talon 90 tsi, 100 bucks for a year :) im the only driver of it and part time driver on it, and its a "farm vehicle" and no colission or anythign.

I do drive a 95 integra primary like 375 a month on that thing full coverage.

my talon is only a drag car but my daily driver a 01 jetta 1.8T wolfsburg costs me 4600 a year im 20 and thats in my own name, no accidents and 1 speed ticket

Hey guys, I've recently been charged even more per month for my car insurance. I am currently paying $240 per month for only liability. Not only that, but I am also under my parents name. I want full coverage, but $240 seems a ridiculous amount for only liability, not to mention the car itself was only $3000. I would also like to browse around for another company, but going under my own name rather then my parents may cost me even more. I am getting ripped off here. What are you guys paying, and who do you insure with? I am 20 years old, and have no points at all. Took both defensive driving courses also. Only 1 ticket in 4 years now, and it was from making a right on red, where there was no right on red (Sign was seriously covered by a bush)...

Thanks for the input and replies in advance. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back