The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Installing motor and trans & won't line up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tron2119

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
Ok so I bought this shell about a year ago and it is a 93 talon AWD that came with the 7 bolt. I'm in the process of droping my 6 bolt motor and tranny in. I've been working on it for about 12 hours now (by myself) and the only mounts I can get lined up are the front and rear. It's about 2'' off on both the tranny and side mounts. I know something is wrong. It shouldn't take this long.:banghead:

I have verified that I have the correct motor mount brackets that bolt up to the engine. I am using the motor mounts that came in the car. I put poly mounts in but, I don't believe it would cause a problem such as this.

I've tried everything. I am beyond frustrated. I have seached and searched and can't seem to find the right answer. I'm not sure if the mounts that came in the car are the problem or if it is something else. Thanks in advance

Could you manage to look at another 1GB shell and maybe take some measurements of how the mounting points line up in comparison to your shell. I had this happen to a shell i had a year or two back and it was in a fender bender. Just an idea but hopefully that isn't it.

Could you manage to look at another 1GB shell and maybe take some measurements of how the mounting points line up in comparison to your shell. I had this happen to a shell i had a year or two back and it was in a fender bender. Just an idea but hopefully that isn't it.

Oh damn, that would suck. I don't have any 1g's close by. But makes me wonder, the kid's dad that had the car before me owned a body shop. It all looks straight but its not lining up at all.

I don't think so...do you mean the mount or the bracket? If you mean the bracket, I have it where the brace in the middle is on the bottom.

If you're saying what I think you're saying here, that is upside down.

These are the tops of various models' rear mount brackets.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Can some one tell me witch rear motor mount should be on a 90 awd 5speed. i have the one with 195 on it. and it sits funny.

it would seem that the rear motor mount is to high becuse the motor is siting slanted. do you mean the mount that bolts to the rear crossmember?

Honestly, I'd like to know what your situation is and what made you ask about the 195 bracket in the first place. Chances are you have the correct mount (yes, the part that bolts to the subframe) but if you are just putting this thing together and assuming, it may be a good idea to double check.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back