The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

installing leds under my dash...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiro000

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2013
auburn, Washington
not sure if this has been answered yet but like the title says im installing new leds under my dash to replace the stock ones.

i have a 92 (1 gen) eclipse

the new leds are 12 volt so should it be as easy taking the old ones out and just putting the new ones in?

Under the dash? You mean to illuminate the gauges at night? Or to provide light for the foot area when doors are open?

Either way it's easy if you have even basic wiring skills.

haha yeah i meant down by my feet.

ah. i had already purchased the blue leds when i had posted.

I'm guessing he got one of those blue led strips off ebay

Ah, well yeah those will work. You just need to find a good way to mount them so they aren't just hanging down :thumb:

alright :b. thank you.

Install will be a little more than just taking the old ones out and putting those in. You will have to connect them directly to the wires going to the bulb socket

Yep Take a look here. Blue LED Replacement Bulbs for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs

I bought some led bulbs with sockets on them from ebay for cheap that were supposed to be direct replacement for instrument cluster bulbs, another size for the floor lights, and for my autometer gauges. What a waste. They didn't fit right. The beam was narrow so the lighting was piss poor. A few failed in a short amount of time. Those you have there look very similar in construction. All they are is a standard narrow beam led with a resistor soldered on one leg. The only differnece is mine had a slip on plastic base instead of wires. I hated them. Was thinking I saved money until I found myself going ahead and buying what I needed off superbright leds anyways.

I have blue strips under my dash on both sides. I like them and have always been happy with them in all my cars I think they look fine. It just depends if you want them only on when you open the door or if you wanted to wire them to a switch so they could be on whenever you wanted. But it's pretty easy with a basic knowledge of wiring as said before. Hope your happy with your purchase if you'd like to see mine p.m me and I'll send you a picture if your considering it and would like to see them!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back