The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Installing BEP housing on holset hx35 questionn

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Cuervo

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Omaha, Nebraska
I'm in the process of installing my BEP bolton housing on my hx35. I ran into a problem. As I slid the housing on the CHRA, It doesn't seem to sit flush with it. Meaning that when I install the bolts and brakes, the same brakets don't fit correctly because again, for some reason I am unable to slide the chra all the way in. Does anybody have this problem? Or do I really need to wack this thing hard with a mallet? Though I already did and still couldn't get it to fit.

Yeah. I'll try that, though there isn't that much rust left. I cleaned it all already. The housing does slip on very easy, it just doesn't want to go all the way in. There is like 1/8 of an inch or slightly less that comes out. Have you had any problems with this? is it supposed to slide all the way in 100% or do you need to hammer it in some more with a mallet?

When I was installing mine it was sticking out a tiny bit like yours but as I was bolting it down the brackets pushed it down until it sat flush.

Yeah. I'll try and clean it up some more and then go ahead and try and bolt it up using the brakets. The problem is that I lost one of the 6 black bolts that come with the housing. I was working on my turbo outside on my balcony. I was trying to clock the compressor housing by compressing that damn ring. So it jumped and landed where all my bolts and stuff were. So now I lost one of the bolts.
Does anybody here know the size and thread of one of those bolts that BEP sends you with the housing?
I tried using one of the 4 bolts from the Devided housing that held it but they don't screw into the BEP housing.

Thanks.

Does anybody here know the size and thread of one of those bolts that BEP sends you with the housing?
I tried using one of the 4 bolts from the Devided housing that held it but they don't screw into the BEP housing.
Should work- they're both 8mm x 1.25. I use the bolts that come in Holset HX35/40 rebuild kits on BEP housings all the time because they're stainless and tend not to weld themselves inside the housing.

Thanks. Well I just checked them and yes, they are the right size. I also noticed that they are a bit stripped from when I was trying to remove the trubine housing. Had some rust and all. Well I'll be heading to the Hardware store tomorrow. Then I'll see if I can finally make this thing fit.
jusmx, I have another quick question. When checking for oil pressure on the turbo oil feed. Closes to the turbo ofcourse. How do you go about in connecting the oil pressure tester? Do I need to get a 3 way fitting of some sort? Because if you connect the gauge to the oil feed hose, then what connects to the turbo?

Thanks

jorge.

I'm glad somebody brought this up. I ground down a very small amount around the circumference of the center housing where it mates to the BEP housing.

They mated with no problem but was wondering, what prevents from exhaust gases to escape from this connection? I mean there is a small clearance there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back