The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder installing a Aftermarket clutch on your 4g64 spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've installed a ACT clutch, flywheel, and 2600lb. pressure plate on my 99 Spyder GS. This, of course, is made for the 2G Eclipse GS-T with the 7 bolt crank. It all bolts right up with NO MODS!

You must adjust the master cylinder clutch pedal rod for more travel during engaging and disengaging though. It's very simple! under your dash unlock the the 13MM nut from the clutch rod while holding the clutch master cylinder rod with a 1/4" in the slots just behind the nut. Turn the rod out 3 full turns or 1/2". You can go out a full inch, but engagement at the 1/2" place disengagement and engagement at about half pedal with 1/2 pedal to floor being soft enough to hold your car on a hill at a light without the brake.

Novice clutch users know what I mean! This setup is great and grabs very well, but I do recommend replacing the clutch master cylinder while you are replacing the clutch b/c a worn clutch cylinder will wear out your clutch quicker!

Good Luck and really look around for parts for this car. GS-T and GS-X Eclipse parts bolt right up on this car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back