The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Installing 18x9.5 any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White_knight

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 16, 2012
Hollister, California
So I'm getting rims
18x9.5 all around
With 225/40r18 tires
Any tips on how I can make that happen

- Rolled fenders and spacers can be crossed out of the list
So what else?

P.s. I know their a lil too big for my car and I'm doing it because TSW only offers the 3" lip I want in 18x9.5

What's the offset on the wheels? If they're too high they might hit your shocks. I think you'll be fine as long has you roll/pull the sh*t outta your fenders. Post pics when they're mounted!

if your slamed it better to go 215/40/r18 youll need like 5mm spacers in the back. i know cause i just helped my buddy do it to his 97 rs. and just so you know you can fit 18x9 on 24mm offset with 245 tires and be perfectly flush.

I'm not slammed
Hmmm well actually is a two finger clearance(from top of the tire to fender) qualify as slammed?:hmm:

Like this guys set up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,265
Yea Saleen rims r pretty rare
18x9.5 should be mounted on eclipses more often haha

yeah I was really loving the saleen look untill I noticed this ahhhh man this car is bad ass........
so this is a 18 x 9.5 , the fenders are rolled, im thinking I might get a roller and do this to mine

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,183
Last edited:
yeah I was really loving the saleen look untill I noticed this ahhhh man this car is bad ass........
so this is a 18 x 9.5 , the fenders are rolled, im thinking I might get a roller and do this to mine

Too clean! :thumb:

I run 245's on a 7.5 rim with no issues dropped 1.5 in the front and 2 in the rear. I rolled my fenders but still have a lot of clearance.

What offset?

20mm
And yea ill post em

Don't quote me on this, but I have seen 18/9.5 with 22 offset with out spacers, sayng your's are 20's, I don't think you will need spacers, you will have more clearance then a set of 22's.

Once again, it's not from first hand, but there is a guy here that is running that set up.

I am running 18/8+35 with 225/40/18,, I am planning to run the same tires with some 18/9.5+22, obviously, no spacers, hope it fits.

I would but I'm worried about clearance
The max is 18x8 that will fit eclipses
Now putting a wider tire would result in more difficulties wouldn't it?

But stretching them they should end up looking like these
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=AZmRHqxYy-I

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is 18x9.75 20offset same size tires 225/40/18

Only mods are fender rolling with a slight pull

Im running rota grids 18x9.5 +35 offset, only problem is the rears hit the fender when I hit a bump hard. I just set my struts to hardest setting, im going to pull my fender out later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back