The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Installed link firmware update now car won’t start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goonie90gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2009
Norton, Ohio
I recently installed the latest DSM link firmware update and now my car won’t start and it appears that my fuel settings and misc have been lost. I tried installing my tune again and it says that it’s not compatible with the new firmware. What can I do to get my previous tune settings back on my ecu so the car will be back to normal??

ECMlink app needs to be up to date. New firmware wont work on outdated software.

Like he said, firmware should always be installed after installing or verifying you have the latest software update. This is most likely your issue from your response. Seems like you didn't verify it.

My software is up to date something in this update isn’t right that’s the only thing I’ve done to the car since it was run last.

If it's a bug with the current version you are probably better off asking Tom and Dave on the Link forums and not here. If anything you can still manually copy over your old settings.

Alright I’ve been working on this all night and all I can come up with is that one of the updates isn’t working either my laptop or the ecu has the old software even though I updated both of them to the newest my about tab shows the new .73 firmware but the connection screen is still showing the old .64 one.

Update did some diagnosing with a buddy today my tune looks fine in the computer it looks like I don’t have injector pluse for whatever reason I emailed ecm tuning hopefully I’ll hear back tomorrow.

ECM problems???

Heyhey.

Did you find a solution for this problem?
Seems like i have the same issue :/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back