The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Installed Greddy Type RZ bov: No Sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST_IceTea

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2011
West Boylston, Massachusetts
i just installed my type RZ bov in my car and can barely hear anything. Its recirculated, but i figured i would hear somthing. its stock piping and it only has one hook up point at the top where i used the stock hose coming down from the intake manifold. the kit came with another hose and T fittings. did i miss hooking up somewhere?

How much boost are you pulling? Low boost=low sound you can also get hard piping if you want it louder.

stock turbo, stock boost whatever that is. i figured it would be alot louder. my stock bov seems to be just as loud.

That sounds right then, unfortunately without more pressure behind it, your fully maximizing that bov, hence no loud sound.

i have a turbo smart boost controller, but just waiting on my boost guage. if i turn it up to about 15psi will i start to hear it?

You should make sure it's adjusted properly first.

Too tight and it wont open, too loose and it'll be open all the time. Either way, you won't hear it blow off.

How about not being conserned with the sound it makes especially if it's actually working as it should. Also, don't be just "turning up the boost". You'll cause more harm than good doing things like that.

the reason i got it was to upgrade from stock, but i figured it would be somewhat louder. ive been watching youtube videos of dsm and there pretty loud. what is the step in order for me to make some noise with it?

Follow this guide.
Tech Guide: 2G 4G63t Upgrades - DSMtuners

More boost, more noise. Hard pipe will increase the noise as well. To run more boost, you need to fully upgrade your fuel system by getting a tuning device, a logger, and a wideband. You'll need a larger turbo than the T25 too.

Keep the BOV recirculated unless you get a GM MAF in blow through mode installed or get setup to run speed density.

Get some aluminum upper intercooler piping if you are looking for more sound. That stock rubber piping is part of what is killing your sound, if that's what you are concerned with. Like was already said though, if it's working fine then you are good to go.

just upgrade you rpiping like he said and go with the bigger turbo probably a 14b or 16g would give you the loud sound your looking for and they can boost the teens alot easier than the t25 the fuel system upgrade needs to come first though

14psi is the max psi you should run on a stock turbo with stock fuel. You should then hear your BOV a little better

LiQUiDx nailed it. Don't be concerned about the noise it's making; this is the same mentality as people who put fart cans on their cars, it's just to look cool, which ain't real cool afterall when your car isn't running right because of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back