The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Installed dash back now srs light on???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rixcidia

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2007
Somewhere in BC, B.C._Canada
Hey guys so I installed a new heater and had to remove the dash and passanger air bag I reinstalled it all and now I get a srs light on my gauges any idea how to clear this up???

Rix.

Same thing has happened to me since I swapped to black interior. Please post back here if you find the answer.

pull the bulb on the gauge cluster or go to the stealership and have them reset it.

Hey guys thanks for all your reply but is there a picture with all the srs connectors? Just so i can make sure its all connected proper the only air bag i removed was my passanger side and my dash Thanks,

Rix.

You can't miss them they are the only thing under your dash thats got red wire loom on it with yellow/green connector on it.

Ok it's all connected I think the dealer
Ship needs to reset the code,

Rix.

Thanks that's a good price for a srs module, I got a friend that works for an automotive shop I'm gonna see if there big snap on code reader machine can reset that code for me and if it does not work I'll take your advise and but a new module they said clearing the code would fix it and they said that because I started my car to see if my heater was working with the dash and passanger air bag removed that triggers the srs light

Rix.

Disconnecting the airbag at all triggers the light, not turning on the car.

i disconnected my airbag when i swapped steering wheels and when i put my old one back on my light has been on ever since. it never gave me a problem though just never goes off so i dont think it really matters but ive been told dealerships usually fix it for a fee though so i just left mine alone.

But if you leave the srs light on and not get the dealership to reset the code the air bags will never work,

Rix.

I was told u need a special code reader for the srs code removal and the dealership has them I called mitsubishi they said they would do it for $30 for me but I live 16 hours away from a Mitsubishi dealership so that's out for me they told me that most big auto shops should be able to do it aswell,

Rix

Yeah living in a smaller city sucks sometimes but we have a Chrysler dealership here and also a Canadian tire I'm hoping I can see some resolution on this matter tomorrow I'll keep everyone posted,

Rix.

You DO NOT have to get a dealership to reset the code, as I posted earlier.

But I'll just go ahead and assume no one can read.

Ok sooo I got my srs light on the dash resolved I took my car to a friend at a auto repair shop and he used a hand help tablet made by snap on and cleared the code for me for free :)

Rix.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back