The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

INSTALLED!! Carbon fiber dash pics of it in the car finally...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theboogieman

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2002
Well I took the custom carbon dash cover I made up to Stemar Motorsports and threw it in a few of the cars there to get shots of it in different interiors...there was like 5 1gens being tweaked and such but only two 2gs. Anyhow, one is in Mortis' GSX, the other is in Steve's black GS-T.
This was not anchored down or anything, I just slid it over the dash and snapped shots. If you was doing this permanent you would do it different obviously :) ....but you get the idea of it anyhow.
In my car it looks like ass since I still have all the blue but I took pics anyhow of it in my car. Yeh, you can see blue around the edges of the airbag and such...don't worry, give me time. ;)
Alrighty, nuff' gabbing. Here are some pics from different angles trying to get a good shot of the weave. Enjoy (or hate).
Leo

Attachments

• dashinmortiscar.jpg
    dashinmortiscar.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 659
Is that meant to replace the dash (
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
) or just slide over it (
) ?

Hrmm....real CF or fake? I'd be interested in doing it too since I also have a tan leather interior, but I don't want people looking for that 3D effect all the time and sayen it's fake over and over again....people in my area can be such asses...But yeah, I'd be interested at looking into getting a kit off of ya if it's decently priced and everything.

Yea I too want to know if this is going to be a dash replacement or overlay? If its going to be a replacement then sign me up.

I know it looks amazing, leo you tha man. email me back about what we talked about earlier
Jason

This is a pretty nice dash too.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. This is just a cover...to make a replacment dash would cost well over a grand just to tool and mold....who knows what a finished "complete" dash would cost....shudder"!!
Even being just a cover it is still as costly as a carbon fiber hood. Visit the web site over the next few days, The pricing will be up there soon. I have already pre-sold 2 covers at close to a grand a piece which is absolutely fair once you consider the work gone into making one. I mean you figure a "dash kit" will cost close to 2 bills!
Anyhow, they are already being sold. I am thinking about selling the first proto-type here soon since I will be redoing mine absolutely different than what I offer. Gotta' stay ahead :)
Leo
...next project? Finish all the rear seat panels and window surrounds in carbon! Then the doors!

Attachments

• dashinmortiscar3.jpg
    dashinmortiscar3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 511
in this picture it is obvious that the blue has to go. I will switch it all to black and carbon fiber. I also just procured an Isotta steering wheel that is black italian leather and aluminum...very nice!
So jut picture a solid black and carbon fiber interior. Only thing soft will be the carpet, headliner, door insert panel and my seats. All else gets waxed shiney!
THE GLARE? At night it is no problem and no black reflection on the window from lights. Haven't tried a sunny day yet.
Leo

Attachments

• dashinleoscarpassside.jpg
    dashinleoscarpassside.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 514
Originally posted by talonted_one
I love it!

I have been wanting to get into CF fabrication but there isnt anyone around here that knows how to do it let alone teach me.

I know what you mean. I learned from books and forums and it has taken me a long time to get were I am at...and I obviously have a long way to go...just look at that full dash IGS posted! WOW!
Once you learn how to work with performance composites ya' kinda get guarded about your techniques. Books can show you the ground work, the rest is all experience, trial and error. Things like humidity and shop temp are certain variables to work with. It is just like auto body and painting in a sense. Go to www.fiberglast.com to get some insite.
Leo

that's figgin beutiful. would you be willing to make a kit for a 1g?

What is required in addition to the cover to make a full dash? Is it just brackets?

Originally posted by igs
What is required in addition to the cover to make a full dash? Is it just brackets?
...brackets would be one thing. Making all the under cuts would be another. Anytime carbon fiber goes back "under itself: you HAVE TO HAVE a multi-piece mold!! No way around it really. I doubt I will ever take the time and money to make a complete dash. Just isn't worht the time for this platform.
Leo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back