The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

installed 1g steering wheel in 2g (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauchpj

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 1, 2002
Birmingham
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

always thought the 2g was too big. didnt want to spend all the cash on an aftermarket right now so i picked this up for $25 shipped. not bad i think. had to take out the srs light and airbag though

ya coulda left the light in -- and just remove the SRS unit under the console (reduses more weight than the bulb with the same effect )

I wouldn't personally remove the airbags becasue If I got hurt in an accident and the found the airbag was removed

1: I would be hurt more than if it was in there
2: Probably couldn't sue for as much
3: I hope that never happens:D

looks nice. i am not a big fan of air bags anyways. every accident i have heard of/seen/known the air bag as messed them up more then the accident would have(broken arms, burnt arms, broke nose, burnt face, etc...).

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
I wouldn't personally remove the airbags becasue If I got hurt in an accident and the found the airbag was removed

1: I would be hurt more than if it was in there
2: Probably couldn't sue for as much
3: I hope that never happens:D

and your insurance probably won't be too keen on it either!

just an after thought.

MMM Yummy, I had allways liked the 1G Steering wheel. But I'm gonna look at JDM Mitsubishi Steering wheels to see what I have to work with first. Looks great man!

Originally posted by InfiniteGSX
MMM Yummy, I had allways liked the 1G Steering wheel. But I'm gonna look at JDM Mitsubishi Steering wheels to see what I have to work with first. Looks great man!

i can almost guarantee you they are the same wheel? why pay more for the same part.

and my premium will just go up a little since airbags are a discount in the first place. i dont want all that smoke and #### in my face when/if i get in a wreck. thats what a seat belt is for. an airbag is for those who dont wear seatbelts i heard

$14.50 And I actualy meant JDM MITSUBISHI Wheels, Maybe like the Lancer's steering wheel, but I can't find one. If I could find a Next Generation Eclipse steering wheel, or 2002 Lancer Steering wheel, I'd like it!

ohh mitsus in general ok.

i saw a evo wheel on ebay with an airbag for like 400 maybe.

go to car-parts.com. they have 3rd gen wheels for 50-100 i think

and that pic u showed of that wheel isnt leather wrapped. mine is ;)

Yea, I noticed. MOMO made realy nice steering wheels for JDM Honda Civics, and Integra's. I don't know what they look like but I would like to find a JDM Lancer Steering Wheel.

ya i love those jdm honda/momo wheels. they are all over ebay. wish we had a bolt on affair like that

Mitsubishi AirTrek Turbo-R:

Mitsubishi Evo VI GSR:

Mitsubishi Evo VII GTA

That one is my favorite. My friend in New Jersey said he can try to get it for me.

it looks cool and all, but you still didnt answer the guys' question...does it bolt right up or do you have to mod it? and does the horn function right? again, it looks better than the 2g stock bulky one.

ya it bolted right on. i could have hooked the horn up but didnt feel like it. i was in a hurry. i might do it later

Why buy a steering wheel. They cost so much. Well unless you use a 1g, but I don't think there is anything wrong with the regualr steering wheel.

How did you take the airbag out?? Been wanting to do it on a friends eclipse, but never felt like messing with the airbag.

Originally posted by X|Crescens
Why buy a steering wheel. They cost so much. Well unless you use a 1g, but I don't think there is anything wrong with the regualr steering wheel.

For some people like myself. Our legs, knees, hit the steering wheel. If I wanted to heel toe, I couldn't because of the wheel. That's why I am looking for a smaller steering wheel. But not until I have a harness to hold me down :)

so does this mean i could but a 2G wheel on a 1G or work that look too weird?

Originally posted by ryan2987
so does this mean i could but a 2G wheel on a 1G or work that look too weird?

yeah you could. i think all mitsu steering wheels fit each other--dont quote me on that though. i think it would look weird though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back