The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

installation of evo III 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19GS-t97

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2005
Barnegat, New_Jersey
Ok i will soon be getting an evo 3 16g turbo. I kno that the installation kit is 200 which i am going to get on top of gettin the turbo. Is there anything that i should know about that doesnt come wit the kit and anything else i would have to re-use/get. If anyone can tell me how to actually install it or if the kit comes with directions that would be great. Cause right now it sucks not having my stock t25 work at all.

I tried looking but was unsuccessful to find anything like this.

Thanks.... :dsm:

i think im going to use the kit from extremepsi.com...unless their is an easier one to install the turbo with...

19GS-t97 said:
i think im going to use the kit from extremepsi.com...unless their is an easier one to install the turbo with...

I would go with the hacker install kit from road race engineering, its $195. It doesn't include the oil drain line like the extreme kit but you don't need one, you can just re-use the factory one by filing the holes abit, they do include a nicer j-pipe that has 1.5" inlet diameter (so you can port the comp outlet)that expands to 2.25" right away. The extreme kit come with what looks like the factory j-pipe gasket so it would be a smaller diameter. Also the rre comes with the 02 housing gasket and the oil lines feed from the stock location, not sure about the extreme kit. RRE also includes an L shaped pipe with a boost nipple for your boost controller that makes your pipeing hook up in the same location as the factory with couplers & clamps. Their kit is the best complete bolt on.

ok..yesterday i ordered the evo wit the install kit from extreme psi...anyone ever install their 16g wit this kit?

what other things will i have to replace when using this kit? any info helps...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back