The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97GS-TSpyder

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2002
yokota AB Japan, Asia
finally i got them installed
here are the 6x9 subs sound decent but the amp isn't in yet nad one of the speakers had to be returned beause of damage in shipping

Attachments

• install with sub.jpg
    install with sub.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 476

Attachments

• isntall with sub 2.jpg
    isntall with sub 2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 468
if anyoen wants something like it AUdio dimensoins does it down here

just let me know

Tint would be nice...they do tint?

I'm currently working on making a lower doorpanel piece for the 2G's that'll fit an 8" woofer in the doors. All you 2G guys know what I'm talking about.... Here's a pic of where I'm at in the process right now..

Attachments

• 2gdoorpanel.jpg
    2gdoorpanel.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 455
But all my stuff should be hooked up br friday...they are having another one next day aired nad my ma amp is going in on thurday when it comes in

you wont have wnough depth...youll have to fiberglass it out....Audi dimensions can do it man.......otherwise i hope you can use fiberglass cause getting a 3 1/4 inch in the back was hard enough but for the 4 or 5 inches you need on an 8 is crazy for the front youd have no leg room...already tried it

I already test fit this one, and all it requires is a 'slight' trimming of the inside door skin... no biggie. It fits great and is made of fiberglass so weight is kept down as well....

nice man.....i like it in the back though cause i like my leg room....my ps controllr

These only take up 1" of additional leg room. Actually now that I remember, I installed a set of 8's from behind the 2G door panel. These barely cleared the window track, but everything still fit nicely. :D I dunno, maybe I'm just a miracle worker...... ;)

Attachments

• picture 001.jpg
    picture 001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 433
nice but what about the sound...an 8 doesn't do very well out of an enclosure...you dont have any air pressure on the back

but there is no way...No way you can fit an enclosure in there that you need to push it right.....we spent 4 months figureing out what to do with my system believe me

Well, I'm not going to get into an arguement about this.....but I've been working on this since I bought my car new in '99...... Besides, my 8's are probably shallower and require less airspace than yours.... just a thought....

Peace,

J.

oh damn its takin you a long time.....what kinda 8s you usin

and you got pics cause if iit works i might wanna do it..

I'm using Diamond Audio Hex 8's.........I don't think you can order them anymore though, but I may be wrong. Try using Unibox to figure what airspace you'll need. You'll need the Thiele-Small parameters of your subs, but it makes a huge difference. The 'recommended' enclosure size most manufacturers give is usually a little bit off. Unibox What type of pics are you looking for?

like pics from the back of the enclosure and everything...im interested...i have a spyder so i cant put bump in the trunck

Well, ideally you'd want to scrap the 6X9's to get the sound stage up front where it belongs........but, because you have a Spyder you're really limited to what you can do. When these doorpanels are complete, I'll post pics of exactly what I did. I'm planning on mass-producing these as soon as this set is done and I can make a mold. We'll just have to see how it goes. Making this type of enclosure is A LOT of work. This set has been in production for about 1 month now, just for the sole purpose of getting everything perfect. And yes, this has taken me a long time, but it's not the only car I've done since then. I also did a Grand Am that won many IASCA events in this time. Have you thought of making a set of kick pods to put a set of 6 1/2" components in and just getting a 6 1/2" midbass for the doors to help out? Here's a pic of a kick pod I made for the Grand Am. I'm almost finished with the Eclipse kicks....

Attachments

• grandamkicks.jpg
    grandamkicks.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 402
im getting the mack dady MA audio 300 compnent set...for cost of course LOL

MA Audio makes a MacDaddy? Hmmmm, if that's true, that's gotta be copywrite infringement of Diamond Audio's MacDaddy. :p How's this for bump in the trunk? 162.3 db

Attachments

• grandambump.jpg
    grandambump.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 400
dood u have a hardtop i dont...think about it...no bass in the front only in the truck...unless i had a ported box that went underneath the seat to the front it weould work but i play Paintball every sunday so i need my truck as well

I said 'ideally'.........and then went on to say you might want to consider a component set in the kicks, and a midbass in the door......

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back