The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Install question for people who did their own work with HRC install...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilkTheCat

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 7, 2002
TallahasseeFL
I will be installing an HRC Stage II Turbo Kit this summer, and was wondering for the people who have already installed this kit themselves, what tools/spare parts did you need to do the job. I was hoping to get a list so I didn't need run to the store while installing too often. I seem to remember seeing something in the instructions about tools needed, but I can't remember. I am sure there will be someting unpredictable that will require me to make a run, but I am interested in what everyone basically used to complete the install on a personal level. I appreciate any of your tool-wisdom.

-Derick

And you might want to swing by the dealership and get some manifold bolts for a 4G to put on instead of those damned allen head bolts that come with the kit. And make sure you have a soldering iron, solder, a hole saw or something to cut the hole for the IC piping if you go the SMIC route. And alot of patience..........

yeah, those head bolts suck that come with the kit. i am still using them, but i plan on getting some different ones during my rebuild. go to the hardware store and get some

Thanks guys I really appreciate the replies. I just want to be prepared when it comes time for install. I myself have little experience in something like this, so I have a friend coming from New Jersey hopefully to help with the install. He has delt with turbocharging his Honda Accord with an h22a swapped into it. Heh not that it gives him anything on our :dsm:'s ! Does anyone here live around Tallahassee Florida that has done the install? heh maybe I could find someone closer who actually finds the project fun and would want to help out instead of me getting my friend from up north to come down. I don't want to take it to a shop for many reasons.
1- I would like to learn more about my car with the experience
2- waste of money if I can do it myself. I would rather take the money from a shop install and place it on more mods!

thx peeps

-derick

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back