The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Install of lower rear tie bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memory-x

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2004
Krebs, Oklahoma
i searched alittle bit and couldnt find the answer im looking for. i have a obx rear lower tie bar , it looks as if it connects where the lower arms connect to the crossmember on each side , am i right ? if so , do you take the nut off , put it there , then put the nut back on, and it be done?, or does it go on the front side of the crossmember to where u would hafta take the bolt completely out ? either way , i see how strut and sway bars help , but i dont see how this would help, but will stick it on since i have 50 in it , thanks

I have no idea if it is meant to go on the front or rear of the crossmember. But, since you have accurately noted that we have this great, big, wonking subframe and a lower rear bar will do nothing but add weight, why not just put the thing up for sale on eBay and leave it to another sucker ... er, person ... to install?

- Jtoby

When I had my civic I had a decent suspension setup, I addeda lower rear "tie bar" and it did nothing. When putting my car back to stock I left it on alone and still no difference. It bolts up in a place and position to do absolutly nothing. I would say the only thing under the car youll needf thats a bar is the front lower brace from road race or sway/roll bars.
Andrew

thanks for the replys , i didnt think it would be useful , i'll sell it on ebay along with them tackey euro's i had ordered in and never put on

DSMeclipse4G63 said:
I would say the only thing under the car youll needf thats a bar is the front lower brace from road race or sway/roll bars.

Agreed. My way of looking at this sort of thing goes like this: if Road Race doesn't make or sell a given part, then you don't need it.

- Jtoby

memory-x said:
thanks for the replys , i didnt think it would be useful , i'll sell it on ebay along with them tackey euro's i had ordered in and never put on
what color is it? how much you asking?

it is either chrome or stainless , obx , um , never installed , i would take 45 plus what ever shipping would be

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back