The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Instagram Scammer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
Just wanted to take a second and raise awareness of the scams that happen every single day on Instagram. Here is the account that tried me today.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

He started off messaging me telling me some sob story about how he can't pay his phone bill so he needed to use my phone number or something. I already knew right off the bat he wanted my number to try and get into my account. I went and made a fake account with my work phone number and then gave him that number. Minutes later I got an email saying the fake account had been logged into.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You guys need to look out for this guy specifically, and others like him. The internet in today's world has more scammers than ever. Stay strong and stay smart and hopefully you won't fall for any of their traps. If I had given him the information for my primary account he would have locked me out and claimed it as his own. I don't think this guy wants to scam people out of money, I think he wanted access to my account for the fact I had twice his followers so he could use it for advertising. I really don't know, the fact is I'm really tired of losers like this trying to harm innocent people with the bullshit.

How does one log in via a phone number? I thought it was alwo email varified? Meaning if he tries to enter it the account its linked to will get an email but wont allow them in withiut varifying the email!

Seems a bit backwards this security stuff vs back in the day!

You can tell Instagram you forgot your password and then they ask for your phone number. They will log you back into whichever account that number is associated with, which is why I gave him a number linked to a fake account.

They send a verification code to the number so hopefully this is a red flag for everyone not to fall for these tricks! But hopefully now you will catch on early like I did!

Well thats just retarded security! Forget phone numbers! It should ALL ways be an email address! What is FB thinking using a phone number to re log in LOL

yea that does not compute... anyone who knows anyone else's phone number could hack that person's account?? uh? what?

no offense, but the guy was trying to steal your account for how many followers? this whole thing is confusing

Last edited:
yea that does not compute... anyone who knows anyone else's phone number could hack that person's account?? uh? what?

no offense, but the guy was trying to steal your account for how many followers? this whole thing is confusing
right! and if they send the code to that phone number then how did he also get a text to log in since he does not own that number?

seems to me FB want you to get hacked easily and the most retarded way also! dumb ass FB strikes again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back