The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

inside tire wear w/ adjustable upper control arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSI_12

Probationary Member
Jun 28, 2004
kingman, Arizona
I bought my 1995 tsi lowered, the inside of my rear tire wore down abnormally. I installed the adjustable upper control arms and when it was aligned they Big O told me it couldn't be adjusted in to the proper range because my car was lowered and I have 17in wheels :confused: So the the tires are still wearing on the inside......has anyone else seen this problem w/ a lowered TSI? Is there another part I need to get so it can be set into the proper range? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Did the shop provide any toe/camber measurements?

SUPERECLIPSE757 said:
your stock toe and camber cant adjust enough for u not to wear ur tire. u need to get an anftermarket camber kit. ur car is to low and ur rims are to big. :dsm:

1. Who said stock?
2. Says who?
3. Use the shift key.

I Have an aftermarket adjustable upper control arm kit......they said it can't adjust enough.
The camber is set at -1.5 and -1.6 after the alignment. I'm just really confused I thought the aftermarket upper control arms were supposed to make it adjustable to the proper range?? Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

There's nothing wrong with that amount of negative camber, it won't wear your tires. Have your toe checked again. I would guess that either it was not adjusted properly or a problem redeveloped, probably the latter.

My toe measurements are at 1/8 and 1/16. Why wouldn't these be the same on both sides? Are those okay measurements? Thank you so much for your time.

Assuming those are both "plus," your total toe is outside of spec. For minimal tire wear it should be close to zero.

you seem to have a pretty bad camber problem, you should look into getting the camber/caster plates for your car, they should help but if not then there is something wrong with your suspension set up....

Thanks for the replies. I am going to talk to Big O.

1/8" toe offset will wear tires faster than -3 degrees of camber.

With camber the tire is running straight but at an angle to the road. With toe, the car is scrubbing the tire ( pushing it against the grip ) when going straight.

Fix your toe and the tire wear will slow down drastically.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back