The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 2g Insanely high oil pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyoga2g

Probationary Member
Sep 18, 2021
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Hello everyone, I've been scratching my head over and over about this problem. I searched the forum, tried some stuff, looked on YouTube but nothing lead me to an answer.

My oil pressure just go super high after 10 minutes of driving the car, the car is 100% stock the only thing that I have is a baffled Mishima to 3 port catch can with a pcv delete. I put the car back to stock with the pcv and no catch can and still do the same thing, I cleaned the connectors on the sending unit, the sending unit is fairly new only 100 miles because the old one was not working at all, I put a duralast one (previous owner mention the sending unit didn’t work and he have that to install it and just gave it to me)

I will post a video for you guys to see what I am dealing with this start after ten minutes of driving the car, if I just start over after it goes down and idle it won’t go up.
Thanks in advance for the help. Sorry for the long post.
PS don’t mind the number on the boost gauge is just plugged but not hooked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it have any harmonic vibration approx 3k rpm then again at 6k?
The most reliable way is to remove the cover. You could use the screwdriver trick to check for a rear shaft.

Does it have any harmonic vibration approx 3k rpm then again at 6k?
The most reliable way is to remove the cover. You could use the screwdriver trick to check for a rear shaft.
alright i will check it out this weekend, but how not having balance shaft can affect the oil pressure like that?

some of the oiling holes meant for the shaft are blocked when you rotate a bearing to block them

also i would look into plumbing in an actual oil pressure gauge and stop putting a lot of trust in the factory one, but thats just me..

some of the oiling holes meant for the shaft are blocked when you rotate a bearing to block them

also i would look into plumbing in an actual oil pressure gauge and stop putting a lot of trust in the factory one, but thats just me..
Yes I saw that in other post that the stock one is trash but I really don’t want to spend 200 dollars on a gauge right now, but I probably will ended up doing it next month or so, I just want to drive the car and it won’t quit having problems LOL.

Usually due to past owner shenanigans, just don't be the new owner who pulls the same shenanigans.. You have a 25 year old car. Ask me how many problems a 2020 civic wont have in 2045.

200k miles is a LOT. Perhaps you don't have a high oil pressure issue, you'd know for sure if you could see the numbers. Get a gauge if you're that worried, otherwise you are stabbing in the dark.

Usually due to past owner shenanigans, just don't be the new owner who pulls the same shenanigans.. You have a 25 year old car. Ask me how many problems a 2020 civic wont have in 2045.

200k miles is a LOT. Perhaps you don't have a high oil pressure issue, you'd know for sure if you could see the numbers. Get a gauge if you're that worried, otherwise you are stabbing in the dark.
Alright I will do that, thanks for your input. I know that 200k is a lot, but in other hand the car has been stock his whole life, and I rally looking to just put 350/380 hp, nothing crazy, just a fun car to drive on the weekends through the Ozarks here in Arkansas.

Thanks man I will buy the gauge and go from there.

I am not saying 200k is necessarily bad, but just expect there to be problems with high mileage vehicles. Things wear out, things are heat cycled to death, etc etc. It is a fact of vehicle ownership. This was just a response to "won't quit having problems."

I know I would have a few problems if I had 200K of mileage on me.. LOL

Glad you figured it out. Looking at the stock gauge, it never came down and just kept raising. It’s a bad sensor or gauge. Testing resistance on the sensor while reving the engine would have been my first test.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back