The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

GVR-4 Inputs welcome. New build dyno predictions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboelduro

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2007
winsted, Connecticut
hey gang. Me and the mad scientist finally gotten this car where it needs to be. 600miles on the fresh motor. My mod list is updated. Hoping for 400whp on pump gas on a conservative tune. Any inputs ? It seems like I have more than enough mods to do it

Attachments

• 34FA91D4-ED59-4DE7-974E-58B2D262A85B.jpeg
    34FA91D4-ED59-4DE7-974E-58B2D262A85B.jpeg
    810 KB · Views: 124
Well it all depends on the amount of boost, timing and fuel you'll be runing!
I say more.... Hard to guess but definitely is capable of more than 400hp.
We are going to try for 25lbs of boost with 12-15 degrees of timing up top. This will be 93 pump gas only before e85 conversion

We are going to try for 25lbs of boost with 12-15 degrees of timing up top. This will be 93 pump gas only before e85 conversion
Be careful with that much timing on 93 but if you can do it, it should wake up. On E, it will be a totally different monster, but you'll love it!

Be careful with that much timing on 93 but if you can do it, it should wake up. On E, it will be a totally different monster, but you'll love it!
your right about the timing . We are going to make sure that The tune is very conservative. 10.9-11.1 AFRs and low timing in the low teens

It brings timing to 15-20* up top so a lot more VROOM VROOM!!!

Truth. If I had to guess I'd say probably around 425-450awhp (on a dynojet) around 25psi hitting full boost around 5.5k. That big intercooler and SMIM are going to hurt your midrange. I'm aiming for similar numbers on a 7 blade hx35 in a bep housing.. but I should see full hit boost around 4k :)

So start holding on real tight around 3500....:cool:

Truth. If I had to guess I'd say probably around 425-450awhp (on a dynojet) around 25psi hitting full boost around 5.5k. That big intercooler and SMIM are going to hurt your midrange. I'm aiming for similar numbers on a 7 blade hx35 in a bep housing.. but I should see full hit boost around 4k :)
Yes the big intercooler has hurt the midrange. But she pulls great around 5k. Wow 4K full boost is almost 16g territory

I will be tuning the car on the dyno.... I plan on keeping the timing very conservative. Im not fond of 93 but it is what it is. The intercooler is massive and kills the midrange but its a nice peace. It will be useful when he upgrades to a t3 setup. Im not gunna push it until we get the car on etoh

Mustang dyno... cut your expectations by about 20%. expect 360ish and be happy with any more the heartbreaker will be willing to give.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back