The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Innovate Motorsports MTX-L and dsmlink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95badasstsi95

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2006
henderson, Nevada
I just got Innovate Motorsports MTX-l w/b, I want to put in place of my front O2 what wires do I hook it up to my ecu for dsmlink? The other question, I have a 95 talon that I did a 1g cam angle sensor swap on it. So do I have to check the invert cas box in misc tab? Thanks

You should have 2 outputs from your wideband, 0-1v and 0-5v. If you are replacing the stock front O2 sensor with the wideband you need to splice the 0-5v output of the wideband into pin 76 of the ecu. In dsmlink you need to setup narrowband simulation from the front O2.

Any 95-96 dsm with a 1G CAS needs to have the signal inverted. So, yes.

From what I found, the Brown 1.1v (narrowband output) wire to pin 76 and yellow 0v (analog output) to 75 as another input pin. But i could be wrong

I just did the install myself, on the 2nd largest tab, there are 3 white wires, it goes white white empty white, I think its pin 76 or something like that, but the middle white wire is the one you want to clip to attach to, as for the cas sensor, I'm not sure

you guys say to just hook up the 0v-5v (yellow) to pin 76 front O2 and setup narrowband simulation on dsmlink. ecmlink wiki says If you want to remove the factory front O2 sensor and use the WB's simulated output in its place, then both outputs will be used. The narrowband signal 0v-1v (brown) will be connected to the ECU's front O2 input so that the ECU sees what it believes is a factory O2 signal on that pin 76. The 0-5v analog wideband signal will be connected to another input pin on the ECU to be datalogged as a wideband signal. So which is it? Im lost

I ran the MTX-L Yellow to pin 76, and enabled the Narrowband simulation in Link. From the Innovate website "Analog output two (brown) is 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15 AFR. This is a simulated narrowband signal."

Basically because Link can run Narrowband emulation anyways, wire up the Yellow, and enable it.

Mind you i just did this install about 2 days ago, and fairly new to this, so im sure someone with more experience could come in here and correct me if im wrong, but im going off of the info that I've looked up here on tuners, just my .02

This covers it pretty much... . v3narrowbandsim [ECMTuning - wiki]

as well as a link on that page for putting it in the front o2. innovatelc1orlm1install [ECMTuning - wiki] and more specifically the MTX here mtxinstall [ECMTuning - wiki]

You can use any available input that is unused for the Ecu

I'd sugest the Rear o2 @ Pin 75... .

See here
attachment.php

As well a stock narrowband is not something that I would just get rid of... they can be valuable in diagnosing issues with your wideband and car if you are having issues.

There are Upsides AND Downsides that I'd rather not get into another debate about on here but have been covered quite a few times here in the forums.

^^^ so are you saying wire in both. I just wired the wideband signal to 76 and simulated narrow thru link. Seems to work fine, but is it better to wire both in?

I'm not sure who you are asking that...

But, it will work... . It just IMHO is more practical to just wire the The one 0-5v signal to the Rear o2 as I said. It's a Unused input and if you want to put a stock front o2 back in at any point the wiring is untouched for it. In-fact if you still had/have a narrowband it would allow you to switch back as far as narrowband simulation and for you to test things between the two if wanted..

There is no reason to wire both inputs in if running V3 ECMlink and using narrowband simulation. take some time to read over the links I posted above.

^^^ I was asking you bro LOL. Ya I only used one input when I installed mine and then used link to simulate. I havnt had one problem yet only a failed sensor because I was running 110 and I guess the Bosch sensors can't handle that. Do you know of any better sensor that can handle 110? When my next setup I done I plan to run 100 oct and meth.

I wasn't saying it wouldn't work
Like I said before I've gone over the upsides and downsides of narrowband simulation a few times and I'd rather not go over it all again or drag it into this discussion... .

But in your case running Leaded fuel with any sensor is going to shorten the life more so in the Front o2 where it's life is going to be shorter as it is... . There are a couple sensors on the market the cost quite a bit more $ then the Bosch sensors most use that supposedly last longer. But really putting you wideband 18"+ downstream an away from the turbine wheel of your turbo on at least a DD car is going to be most Ideal way of getting the most sensor life. EVEN more so if planing on running a leaded fuel. Might consider Blending the fuel as well... .

Bringing thread back to life... Installed yellow wire to pin 76 but i get a code for front o2 heater malfunction. Replace it with new sensor but still throws the code on dts link.

Old thread but would like to know. Yellow wire from innovate wideband to ecu pin 76 still throwing a code for you?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back