The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Innovate lc2 narrowband simulation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmlivesmatter

Proven Member
Mar 31, 2019
hamburg, New_York
I recently installed my lc2 in my 2g I believe everything is hooked up right. It's in the front o2 housing, its wired into pin 76, clicked narrowband sim in link, I am able to capture my wb in displayed values everything looks good. Think i might have missed something though because my rear o2 cel just Came up. Do I need to simulate the narrowband in the rear as well? It's my understanding that once I have this setup correctly in link, with the wb in the front sensor, I have no need for a rear o2 sensor? Totally new to tuning any help appreciated i couldn't find posts with this particular problem

Go to DTCs tab and look under Enabled DTC Checks

Check whichever boxes you want to maintain and un-check whichever you want no CEL for.

95 2G do not need to comply with OBD2 scan for inspection in NY. Only need to pass visual and safety. If you have a 95, then you can check the box for rear O2 in DSMlink and clear the CEL. If you have a 96 or above, then you must have a working rear O2 and a cat in order to not get the CEL and you must leave the check box for rear O2 unchecked. And all the other emissions stuff must be working and those boxes unchecked as well.

I may live in the middle of NOWHERE but I am sure glad I don't have to go through that stuff......

No- will not satisfy OBD readiness so that is true Matt, but they do allow 2 incomplete here.

Im in CT and have the same issue. I usually use the evoIII Intake manifold, but also have an OEM 2g intake manifold with all the madness hooked up to it. Whenever I have to go for the test I swap it in and plug in all the nonsense. Pain in the ass but its the best system Ive come up with.

It helps to have this plan before the cars been messed with so you can set yourself up for this simple-ish swap when doing deletes and swapping to a different IM.

I do look foward to the coming years, once 25 has been reached, we will be exempt.

Last edited:
I recently installed my lc2 in my 2g I believe everything is hooked up right. It's in the front o2 housing, its wired into pin 76, clicked narrowband sim in link, I am able to capture my wb in displayed values everything looks good. Think i might have missed something though because my rear o2 cel just Came up. Do I need to simulate the narrowband in the rear as well? It's my understanding that once I have this setup correctly in link, with the wb in the front sensor, I have no need for a rear o2 sensor? Totally new to tuning any help appreciated i couldn't find posts with this particular problem

Which code # are you getting on your code reader? The LC2 doesn’t have a heater circuit. Did you disable the heater circuit CEL in link?

Which code # are you getting on your code reader? The LC2 doesn’t have a heater circuit. Did you disable the heater
Which code # are you getting on your code reader? The LC2 doesn’t have a heater circuit. Did you disable the heater circuit CEL in link?
I disabled cat efficiency/o2 under dct checks. Is that what you mean?

circuit CEL in link?

I don’t think that is the DTC code I was mentioning. I think that code or efficiency/o2 is if you remove your o2 at the cat you can disable that code check.

The DTC I was referring to is the heater circuit check for the front o2. From the factor the o2 has a separate circuit to heat the o2 at startup to get it working properly. The LC2 does not have this. If you don’t disable the check or install a resistor to put load on the heater circuit it will cause a CEL.

Do you have a code reader or is DSM link providing a DTC reader function? Look at the p code, that will tell you the exact reason(s) the CEL is on. If you see code p0135 that means heater circuit failure. If you have a different code post it so we can help you further.

Code readers are very cheap or if you need to drive to a parts store they can check it for you.

I don’t think that is the DTC code I was mentioning. I think that code or efficiency/o2 is if you remove your o2 at the cat you can disable that code check.

The DTC I was referring to is the heater circuit check for the front o2. From the factor the o2 has a separate circuit to heat the o2 at startup to get it working properly. The LC2 does not have this. If you don’t disable the check or install a resistor to put load on the heater circuit it will cause a CEL.

Do you have a code reader or is DSM link providing a DTC reader function? Look at the p code, that will tell you the exact reason(s) the CEL is on. If you see code p0135 that means heater circuit failure. If you have a different code post it so we can help you further.

Code readers are very cheap or if you need to drive to a parts store they can check it for you.
Thanks man, I did disable the code but must have forgotten to save it so it came back on all good now no codes

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back