The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Injectors..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TSI505

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2003
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
Whats everyone's recommended size of fuel injectors on a big 16g turbo?:talon:

ya that sounds about rite, if u got a command flow, u can take full advantage of these injectors, or raise the fuel psi to get even more fuel out of the smaller injector size:dsm:

david buschur runs 7 sec passes on 660cc injectors in the 1/4 mile. now thats something to think about. OMG :laugh: :thumb: :p :D

Originally posted by TurboAWD92GSX
david buschur runs 7 sec passes on 660cc injectors in the 1/4 mile. now thats something to think about. :

And of course that means *JACK* for anyone wanting to run the car on the street, since Buschur does that with high fuel pressures that make the injectors flow more. But 660s should be fine, like you said. ;)

I have FIC 850s on my 2G, and with the DSMLink, it idles like stock. I will never have to worry about injector size no matter what Turbo I use, and pumpgas is not a problem. I think standalones, Greddy EManage or the new MAFTranslator may be able to do about the same thing the DSMLink does with fuel.

Heres how I think you should decide:

Use a couple mathematical calculations to determine what injector size you should use. I recently just posted these formulas on my website if you want to see them. I also put those formulas an Excel spreadsheet where you can just plug in the #'s and it will do all the calculations for you!

www.geocities.com/ftrkeaka

go under articles and reviews section, click on Fuel FAQ.

Hope this helps.

There you go, not only can you choose the right size now, you can choose it 4 times!

You can run the numbers once for each cylinder!:D :laugh:

bah! hehe, my computer took a crap! Anyways, they are gone now, good luck getting the right injectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back