The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Injectors question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stugotsv10

Proven Member
May 21, 2021
Connecticut
ok SO this is actually a 2 part question

1. What CC injectors do I need?
2. High or Low impedance? SOOO confused about what is what with these LOL

2.4L
6266 Turbo
Weapon R intake
Upgraded TB
AEM W/M kit
DSM link
not sure of the shot but I will be spraying NX (not all the time but every now and again)

ohh and I ordered an SD last night as well so no MAF in case that matters at all here

in fact while were at it, can anyone suggest a fuel Pump? I was looking at the 340LPH but I'd rather get suggestions before I pull that trigger too

For the power that turbo can make, you are going to need at least 1200cc injectors on gas, or 2100cc on E85. Hi Z injectors offer better control of fuel delivery (spray pattern) at low rpms. The trade off is cost. Low Z injectors are less expensive.

As far as pumps go, you need at least a 450lph pump. I would recommend the Walbro “Hellcat” 525/535 lph fuel pump

What are the power goals with the car?

If you're shooting for 500-550 whp on e85, I'd go with a Wally 485/525 pump to ensure you're not maxing out the pump.

1650cc injectors at 80%-ish duty cycle will be the 500 or so mark. 2150's will give you a lot more room, but can be harder to dial in.

. 2150's will give you a lot more room, but can be harder to dial in.
They aren't hard to dial in. They are high impedance and transition well from low to high pulse widths. I have 2 sets. Although they are really NG injectors, they work well for what we use them for.

so I dont need to change anything else to go with high impedance?

If you purchase injectors from FIC, they will give you a data sheet to use with ECMLink so it is easier to set up. ALSO, if you mention you are from DSMTuners, you may get a discount. I did.
They also offer a free cleaning of your old injectors with a new purchase, that is about $125 for that service normally, and they give you a flow rating sheet of the injectors after a cleaning.
I thought I should share that little bit with you all, as I just bought a new set a month ago.
Thank you Fuel Injector Clinic!!!

Many High Z injectors use a different connector than our ancient EV1s. Some come with adapters. Some come with short extension cables. I personally had an insane amount of reliability issues with mine until I removed the factory connectors and crimped Denso connectors to the factory harness for PnP fit. Maybe that's just me. Idk. But that's the only other consideration for high impedance injectors. You tune them the same way you do Low Z stuff.

Adaptors are available for the injectors to plug and play, as @randman2011 was talking about. I think they are $45 for a set or the injectors will come with pigtails to wire in also.

I may be doing the same thing, I just liked the PnP adaptors since I don't like snipping plugs, but in my case, I probably need to do that too.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back