The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 6-bolt swap injectors not firing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontuner1997

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2006
St. Catharines, Ontario_Canada
Hey guys i recently did a 6bolt swap on my 1997 tsi awd. Im having problems with the car not starting now. The car is getting spark but im pretty sure the injectors aren't firing. I sprayed the filter with ether and the car almost started so i know theres a problem with the injectors. I am also running ecm link.

So far i have checked the following for problems.
Cas
Coil pack
firing order
fuel pump
transistor
injector resistor pack
MFI relay

Im going to take the cas off tommorow and spin it by hand then use a meter to check to see if the ecu is grounding the injectors. Any other ideas?

Post up your dsmlink settings, I'd like to look at them and see if everything looks straight. If you capture InjOn in your datalog and start logging before you try turning over the car you can verify that the ECU is trying to pulse the injectors while cranking.

You said you tested the Injector Resistor pack but since you just recently swapped in that motor did you triple check that you plugged it into the correct connector? The ISC plug and Injector Resistor pack plug are identical and are very possible to swap if you aren't paying attention to detail.

Heres a picture of the back the Injector Resistor connector on the engine wiring harness...
84940d1214803213-2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections-img_4164-medium-.jpg

:dsm:

yes i have the correct plug in. what will dsm link read if there firing? plus 1?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back