The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Injectors low vs high

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon- Z

Probationary Member
Jun 23, 2020
El Paso, Texas
1999 eclipse gst
Good morning im confused over getting my injectors? Im between fic 1220cc low z or fic 1200cc high z
I currently running a walboro 380 rewired
A big 16g turbo
Im planing to tune the black box but dont know what injectors to get plz help

Are you planning on a bigger turbo in the future? A set of 1200cc injectors is overkill for a 16G - you would be fine with a set of low-Z 850s with the stock resistor pack in place.

Im planing to stay with the 16g but trying to run 20-25 psi
And probably going e85

The 4G63 takes low impedance injectors from the factor but does this by running a large resistor in series with the injector. One can keep the factory setup and install low impedance injectors, or one can get high impedance injectors and either modify the resistor pack or buy a plug. I went with the latter and have 1000cc high impedance injectors fueling my 16g setup. With high impedance injectors, there isn't a downside to having a large injector size like that.

For around the 1000cc mark I have never had any issues tuning low impedance injectors. Normally if going larger then say 1250cc is where the big benefit is. My 2150cc idle and cruise like injectors half there size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back