The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Injector swap after DSMLINK

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavypedalmuzic

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2004
bronx, New_York
I understand that when ordering DSMLINK you'll need to specify what size injectors you'll be using.
I want to order dsmlink but can only afford it without the 660 injectors for the time being. when i finally get the chance to change from 450s to 660s can the changes to compensate easily be made using dsmlink?

or at that time, do you recommend ordering a new chip for the 660s or even waiting until i can afford the 660s and dsmlink in 1 shot?

thanx

I know that dsmlink allows for dead time compensation, and i guess with some tuning it can be done. However, there must be a reason for indicating what injecotr size you'll be using to them before you get the Eprom Ecu back. this is why im asking the questions above on the best approach....

is it that no one knows or is this common knowledge?

Yes it's very easy to change the settings for 450's to 660's. You only have to change the global fuel setting and deadtime, but if you disconnect your battery it will revert back to the 450cc setting so you will have to load your settings for 660's again. You could also have dsmlink re-burn your chip for the 660's.

Thanks......
i dont see it on the their site...how much does it cost to re-burn a chip?

thanks

If you read the dsmlink manual (free on their site) it shows you how to manually change the global fuel compensation and dead time.

You should just order the chip programmed for the 660's now, that is what I did. If your battery dies and you don't have your laptop with you, you will not be able to reset your settings to compensate for the larger injectors.
-J

ahh, now that i can see happening to me :toobad: . i have one of those mysterious internal electrical shortages that if the car sits for a day or so the car will more than likely need to be jumped started. i've had the car checked several times and cant find the short. so unfortunately because of circumstance, ordering it equipt for 660s sounds like the right move to avoid a potential headache but will now be a headache in the pockets.

thanks for the input

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back