The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Felpro Injector seals failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
This isn't really dsm bit it may as well be. I just finished the cylinder head on my son's 2006 ralliart lancer (4g69). New top end gasket set from felpro purchased at rockauto.
Went a few hundred miles then started flagging codes. Lean, misfires etc. I finally found it when you could start to hear it and some ether confirmed it.
Check out these seals.

There is no way I botched the fuel rail install. So what gives? Old gaskets? Rockauto buys seconds? I have no idea how to explain this.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Were those seals hard Paul? Weird that they all cracked slanted and one looks great.

Mind elaborating? I've used felpro for all sorts of applications and never had a problem. I've never even heard the joke.
Its what the company is known as in dealership service departments, they are considered questionable in quality by many, I have used some of their stuff without a problem but other things from them I tossed because I just didnt like the way that the stuff looked or felt in my hands.

FelPro products are great products. I've used them on every vehicle I've ever owned.

But here's the issue. Some of the products can sit on the shelves for long periods of time. The first rear main seal I ordered came in a dusty box that was falling apart and it was date coded 2003. I requested another one be sent and it was in much better shape.

Just examine your product before using it. Simple.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back