The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Information on adding 2oz. of friction modifier through speedo cable hole? ArcticTSi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMRevolution

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2002
Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
Here is the direct quote taken from ArcticTSi's webpage...

Oh yea, put 2 oz. of syncromesh in the transmission. This is suppose to help with some of the 1G shifting issues. This is how the TSB reads. TSB-92-22-002,"When shifting becomes difficult due to dried synchos, the first course of action should be to add 2 ounces of friction modifier to the transmission through the speedomter gear cable hole." Nuff said.

Can somebody elaberate on this? I am assuming that because of the extra oil in the transmission it will raise pressure and cause the syncros to shift different?

Thanks

Do you have an auto or manual tranny? Adding extra oil won't raise pressure in the 5 speed trans, it won't even raise the oil level noticeably. It just adds better oil. I don't know what effect syncromesh has on the auto trans.

OK so the way the TSB reads it says to add 2 oz. of friction modifier, not syncromesh. I don't think adding friction modifier would help since you already have syncromesh, which is really good tranny oil. Unless the syncromesh is really old.

FYI, adding anything through the speedo cable hole is just a different way of getting stuff inside the tranny. It all mixes with the regular trans oil, which circulates around. It's not a special area inside the trans or nothing.

Kinda weird that the TSB says,"...due to dried syncros..." the syncros are constantly splashed with circulating oil as you drive, how would they dry out?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back