The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

increase vacuum

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madoc05

Probationary Member
May 1, 2005
Canandaigua, New_York
To start off at idle my vacuum is reading 20in. and when I go WOT I have about 4in. By 4000 I’m at 5in. and at 5000 i have about 10in. The car seems to be sluggish any ideas what could be causing it?

Sounds like you're moving too much air in idle... You should be at about 15 in. idle and next to zero at WOT.

I don't know exactly how this correlates to your car feeling sluggish though. You'll have to give us more symptoms.

there isn't any other symptoms it is gaining vacuum with rpm's and the engine fells bogged it seems to have trouble gaining Rpm's and speed.

Have you checked for leaks, cracks, etc.? How's your air filter? Has it been changed or checked any time recently?

Open the hood of your car and just stare - this sounds like it may be something obvious. Just look around for out of place things and report back.

I checked all the lines coming off the TB and manifold all seem to be good. As for the air filter that was changed when i did a tune up in January.

...find your vacuum leak

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back