The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

In the middle of my star install and have questions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civib2

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2004
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, Im in the middle of my star stage 2 install. I went to install my FPR and I have a 96 so I follow directions and look for the stock FPR on the rail but i dont see it. So i look in the back and bang there it is next to the fuel filter. My car was made in june of 96 so I guess i got the later fuel system. So my question is number 1 the stock FPR looks like a little mushroom right just to make sure i have it correct. and number two since importparts thought i had the early system they didnt send me the map sensor. So do you think possible I just have the later fuel system and will be alright without the map sensor or should I order the missing link. And also if i do need the missing link will it damage anything to run the car without one for a couple of days because I will be done the install tomorrow and i really want to drive it and not wait for the missing link to be ordered. So please help guys ASAP I want to drive this thing.

Oh also for the HKS bpv how tight do I make it on the intake pipe? like how much do i screw it down?

Im so excited to drive this thing :thumb:

Well, here is the deal, if you do have the later system, then you are going to need some kind of map sensor manipulating device. If I were you, I'd call concept and see if they will still send you your map sensor box. And see how long it will take them.
I run an SAFC2 on my car so I didn't opt to go for the missinglink, however my car runs fine.
Some people don't like to use SAFC2, so its okay to run a missinglink.
The reason I say this is because if your planning on tuning with an SAFC, you might have to scrap the missing link idea because reports say "they don't work together" But some people say they do.

If you don't have a SAFC I'd go to a local import shop and see if they've got one in stock. (don't think there gonna be open tomorrow though).
I'd pick up the missing link anways, but I'd definately still try to get the map sensor box from the place you ordered your kit from, because it could come in handy so it be nice to have both.

Long story short, with the later fuel stystem, your gonna need something

BigRand said:
Well, here is the deal, if you do have the later system, then you are going to need some kind of map sensor manipulating device. If I were you, I'd call concept and see if they will still send you your map sensor box. And see how long it will take them.
I run an SAFC2 on my car so I didn't opt to go for the missinglink, however my car runs fine.
Some people don't like to use SAFC2, so its okay to run a missinglink.
The reason I say this is because if your planning on tuning with an SAFC, you might have to scrap the missing link idea because reports say "they don't work together" But some people say they do.

If you don't have a SAFC I'd go to a local import shop and see if they've got one in stock. (don't think there gonna be open tomorrow though).
I'd pick up the missing link anways, but I'd definately still try to get the map sensor box from the place you ordered your kit from, because it could come in handy so it be nice to have both.

Long story short, with the later fuel stystem, your gonna need something

the S-afc and missing link or whatever other type of FCD will work fine together. all each one does is prevent either the MAP sensor or the ECU from seeing boost. the missing link just makes the MAP sensor see atmospheric pressure when under boost, so you can still tune like you did when you were NA. voltage clamps just limit the voltage that the ECU will see, so you can still adjust the voltage after the voltage clamp.

Okay but what I want to know is if i start it up without the missing link what will happen, will i damage anything or will it just throw a CEL and wont let me rev past 3k

Civib2 said:
Okay but what I want to know is if i start it up without the missing link what will happen, will i damage anything or will it just throw a CEL and wont let me rev past 3k

if you just start it, nothing bad will happen it will idle fine. when you hit boost you will get fuel cut

get the b&m commando fpr, cut the top of the regultor off. it looks like a hat. cut the piece off just above the flared piece of it out. dont cut through it. cut around it in a circular pattern. after that cut the stock spring in half if you dont you will have to much pressure and wont be able to ajust it. after that youll run around 10-15 psi fuel pressure for the base if you need more you can ajust it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back