The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

In the market for an MP3 player.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethal GST

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2002
Suisun City, California
Like the subject says. Looking for something at least 20gigs (having a color LCD to view photos would be a plus, but not required). There's always iPod/iPod Photo, but I want to check out some of the other options first. I've been looking at the iRiver H10, and their 20gig was supposed to have been just released. I was also looking at some of Creative's line. Anyone have any experience with those, or just advice in general regarding MP3 players? I'm trying to keep my budget under $350. Thanks in advance! :thumb:

I bought a used Creative Nomad ZEN NX 20gig HD off of Ebay for about $60. I wanted to carry more than a CD-R worth of MP3's in the car. Now with an FM wireless transmitter plugged into the Nomad I can listen to my choice of over 4000 songs through my car radio.
The Nomad is very basic and the software is downloadable from Creative's website. They even had a firmware update for it. For the price it was just what I was looking for. As im typing this im uploading a new batch of MP3's to the Nomad for this weekend.

Well, I work in an electronics store so I get to play with all different types of mp3 players. I have also owned 3 different Creative units and currently my mini 4 gig iPod. IMO the iPod is the best one on the market.. the screen on iPod photo is rediculously cool too. :thumb:

What are you using it for?

Honestly if I had $350, I'd get a PSP then a 1G card. Yes I know this won't hold all your songs, but you can do so much more. It would hold a good number.

If you want something that you can just add songs to without having to worry about the space, get an iPod.

i had a samsung which was real cool because you could record from any source, and thats what i was looking for and it was $300. try etronics.com but i would deffinately get one thats napster compatible.

MyEclipse5 said:
Honestly if I had $350, I'd get a PSP then a 1G card. Yes I know this won't hold all your songs, but you can do so much more. It would hold a good number.

If you want something that you can just add songs to without having to worry about the space, get an iPod.

I did what he said and Im enjoying my PSP.

Personally I need an MP3 player that can hold all my songs (about 1000 and growing), I just started a job that allows mr to listen to music while Im there, which is 40hrs/week...iPod looks really good right now.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still weighing my options, but iPod is a last resort - only because I know it will always be there and I've already seen what it can do (both my sisters and all my friends have it). I was hoping to try something new and different. I just found out that Toshiba just started shipping their 20GB Gigabeat to the States (previously only available in Japan) to take on iPod Photo. I'm leaning a little bit in that direction so it looks I'll have to be the guinea pig if I decide to get one of those.

I would go for a PSP, but I'm not really into mobile gaming platforms at this moment. Plus I already have 512kb MP3 player (not 1GB, but still) I use when I go running.

I got the 20gig iRiver, its only the second mp3 player I have had (first one was old school 32meg Rio back when they first came out) but its deffinitly bettter then my sony mini disc player. plus its got a fm tuner built in just incase you feel the need to listen to comercials

BTW, IBM should be coming out with a sweet new player with lots of features. It's called Riverstone because it's shaped as such. Sounds like they are putting a lot of research into this unit.

And for all you cell phone users Nokia will be introducing the N91 later this year. This is a 4gig phone and dedicated MP3 player. Bill Gates predicted that cell phones will be the new mp3 player of choice. Consolidating your digital appliances into one form function is the idea.
I stopped carrying a "digital leash" quite some time ago myself. Cool phone nonetheless.

Nokia Mp3

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back