The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

In need of assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf alchemy

Proven Member
Mar 4, 2014
kouts, Indiana
So since 2013 my 1990 laser has been dead. Now it has a new engine, but the mechanic most likely f***ed up on the vacuum line system. It idles horribly, and when given throttle stock boost gauge maxes out. Aftermarket stays at 0.

I need someone close by

Have you done a boost leak test? Do you have any datalogging setup?
I have a tester for boost leak, and a friend has my data logger so I'm shit out of luck there currently

+1 boost leak test.

How is it idling? Surges up and down?
Sounds like it's carberated. So kinda yeah, but mechanic also said cat was clogged. It sorta is, but exhaust pressure out my muffler feels no different from how it did before catastrophic engine failure leading to high amounts of oil slipping past pistons and being sent through my exhaust. (Rebuilt top and bottom end)

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Go the post #5 for the vacuum diagram. 1g is at the bottom.

I don’t even know how it’s possible to have the boost gauge act as your rpm gauge.
My thought was the vacuum system was put back together wrong causing pressure to go into the stock vacuum/boost gauge. But to be honest I'm not sure if that's possible

I’d definitely go over the vacuum lines. The stock boost gauge doesn’t see actual pressure. It’s an electrical gauge and I’m not sure where it receives the signal from or how it’s even seeing the rpm signal.

....I'll swap out the ecu....friend hooked up batter wrong when jumping the car... Was on for 2 mins before I realized when head lights popped on....

Its really hard to tell where what is even going if you don't follow the lines. There is a black hose coming off the fuel pressure regulator, but to where? Is that white nylon line (by the brake fluid reservoir) capped with a brass fitting?

Looking at your intake manifold, you have several nipples for lines. Passenger to driver, One goes to your valve cover, next one goes to your blow off valve, and last one goes to your fuel pressure regulator.

Doesn't Indiana require emissions for your 1G? If so you can disregard the above if you have emission equipment.

We need more info. Have you changed the spark plugs at all? Is the ECU chipped or is it a stock eprom or no Eprom ECU at all?

What have you done to the car yourself

Its really hard to tell where what is even going if you don't follow the lines. There is a black hose coming off the fuel pressure regulator, but to where? Is that white nylon line (by the brake fluid reservoir) capped with a brass fitting?

Looking at your intake manifold, you have several nipples for lines. Passenger to driver, One goes to your valve cover, next one goes to your blow off valve, and last one goes to your fuel pressure regulator.

Doesn't Indiana require emissions for your 1G? If so you can disregard the above if you have emission equipment.

We need more info. Have you changed the spark plugs at all? Is the ECU chipped or is it a stock eprom or no Eprom ECU at all?

What have you done to the car yourself
New engine. So anything engine wise is new. Ecu, Stock. Cylinder head. Internal upgrades except cam shafts and cam gears. And just a 3 in turbo back by thermal research and Division

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back