The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

impossible???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot2157

Probationary Member
Oct 9, 2003
IndianaUS
Why is it that it seems basically impossible to find a 95 all wheel drive, 5-speed, Tsi ANYWHERE around me. i'm always looking in the trader around here and looking at like autotrader.com i'm wanting to find one that has no more than 100k miles and around $6000. Is this just a hopeless case???

Well, finding 2g talons seems pretty hard in itself. Add to the fact awd, and turbo...well...there you go. and especially a 95..why did you want a 95 anyways?

Just to let you know, 2g turbo awd's are VERY sought after cars. My brother searched for MONTHS to find a low miled, nicely cared for tsi awd. its all fvcked up now, but thats a different story.

And you wanna find one for $6000? hmm.. In the Chicago area, even a decent miled, decent shaped 2g awd turbo dsm is more than that, for sure.

expand your search to within 200 miles or so, and be prepared to pay more. Or, better yet...look for a 1g. You can get crazy deals on those because 99% of people think 1g's are the ugliest things to grace to earth.

i did find one about 90 miles away from me that i liked, but it went pretty quick. they only wanted 6595 for it. i'm really wanting a 95+ basically for the reason that you said. i'm one of those 99% that prefer the looks of a 2g. i don't know why, there is just something about those 2g's that appeals to me and i don't think its just the curves. I love the looks of my 89 mustang gt and that is really not that aerodynamic :) thanks for the input though!

I feel for you! I'm looking for a 97-99 GSX that's stock with under 80k miles on it. Most are modded or are automatics. There's a really nice red one 12 miles from me with 48k miles going for $12,000, but it's an auto.

I have a feeling I'll have to drive a long ways...

I drove 8 hours round trip for mine...Totally worth it. :D I searched for about 6 months and finally found the perfect year, model, color, miles, and most importantly, Price. I knew I had to have it, so my wife and I trecked down there and got it. Made a little weekend vacation trip out of it... For me too, there were a bunch of A/Ts and N/Ts around me but there was no way I would do that.... Be patient, you'll find it....:thumb:

Originally posted by slipknot2157
Why is it that it seems basically impossible to find a 95 all wheel drive, 5-speed, Tsi ANYWHERE around me. i'm always looking in the trader around here and looking at like autotrader.com i'm wanting to find one that has no more than 100k miles and around $6000. Is this just a hopeless case???

If you can't find a 2G, maybe search for a 1G. You would spend less on the car itself and have more money for modifications.

Jake

1g,2g FWD,AWD there everywhere where I live
easy to find, althougha 95 TSi AWD withh 10000k miles here would be like 9-11 grand easy

edmonton,alberta

dam u probably will wish u were me now. im actually finding a lot of 2g awds, more tsi awd's then gsx's but a good amount. i just wish i could get 1 now instead of after the winter

After checking around the trader, and local stuff, i found that it MAY be REMOTELY possible to find one around 6000, but you'd be hard pressed. I've seen a few here and there for around 6500 and so, but those werent loved as much as you'd like.

Like 4geze said, nice 2g turbo awd DSM's are going to command a higher price. you may want to either save up, or find a 1g.

Well you could get lucky, I certaintly did. Although it was only a fwd, i found it as a trade in at the back of a car lot. They had planned to send it to auction because it was modded, but they decided to sell it to me instead for book price. And the T was taken off the sticker on the back, so i got a modded 97 gst for the price of a gs. Good things come to those who wait, youll find ure car.

i searched for months, checked out a ton of 2g's that either turned out to have salvage titles, werent turbo, had major probs, or were auto when listed as 5 spd. it sucked i got really down about the whole thing and almost gave up. then i found a 96 gst withh 100k, 5 spd, mint, asking $5995. it was about 30 min away, but i went for it and got it. i started modding it, and realized i HATED FWD, wheel hop was killin me. luck would have it that a kid i know with a pretty well modded 95 talon TSI AWD put it up for sale for $7000. i tlaked to him about it, and put my car up for sale asap. i sold my car with about 2g in mods for 6500, so i ate 1500 which sucked, but i ended up gettin the tsi i now love for the same price. be patient, look everywhere, and make sure u gettin exactly what u want, dont compromise :thumb:

keep at it, i recently bought my bone stock 95 TSi AWD 5spd w/ 90k for 4995 from a middle eastern man that happened to be studying in the states for the last 4 years.

I searched forever for a 97-99 GS-T Spyder 5speed. The ones I could find were sold or didn't finance. I ended up going to Connecticut from Baltimore. Got a 98 GS-T Spyder 5 speed w/37K for about 12K. Patience is your best friend:thumb: Worth the drive. Only thing I didn't like about it was the color:thumbdown :barf:

i like the look of the older imports better for some reason..

i never found a 1g awd where live.. havent found one to this date, lookin well over 6 mo's..

yeah, i've got about 8k that i can use if i have to, i just was looking for something around 6 cause i wanted to have some money left over for either mods or if something goes wrong out of the blue. Thanks for everyone's advice and i guess i'll just keep lookin around for a while. I'll let everyone know when i finally do find "the one".

oh yea, you could get a 1g for under 4k easy for a GREAT stock one..

you could also get some modded ones for around 4-6k, but i would rather have an unmolested one and do everything myself.. but thats so hard to find these days..

I went to NJ from FL to get my GSX...sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do in order to get the car you really want.

I found my 96 TSi awd after looking for 2 weeks, 74k miles got it for 5.5 has some tiny paint chips on the nose and the blowers dont work well, other then that everything else is good i had it checked out by the mitsubishi dealer and chrysler they both said its good

Originally posted by slipknot2157

Ohhh man your gonna hate me then. A few months ago I bought a AWD 97 Tsi just outside of INDY for 5500 and that came with another set of Enkie RS5s with almost new snow tires on it. The car booked for well over that but the guy was really cool. The car also came with a lot of suspension and braking mods. Keep looking, the key is you have to be patient.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back