The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Impossible to find part????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepingEclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 9, 2004
Millbrook, Illinois
heres the deal -

i just got my car back from the auto repair shop($1400 bill), and they said that I needed a new fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel rail, because there was a leak right near one of the connections. They also said that the part was discontinued, and no Mitsubishi or Dodge dealers sold the part...the only one they could find was in MARYILAND!!(spelling?) anyone know where to find one of these parts? they fixed the leak for now, but eventually that will need to be replaced...anyone know somewhere that sells that part or prices on this fuel line? thanks guys...

Try to find a junkyard or autosalvage yard near you. If not look for someone parting out a car and ask for it. Hope this helps.

alright, they suggested to check a salvage yard and i forgot, but thats a good start...there is a pretty good one about 5 minutes from me, ill have to check that out soon...where in maryland? i have NO clue. all she said was that the only one that they could find was in maryland...sorry...

From memory, that line is just rubber ... so why don't you just make your own out of fuel line that you can buy in most auto parts stores? As long as you have the original line, it isn't very hard (you still need the banjo bolt fitting and the other end.)

Oh, and I think I've got you beat on hard to find parts :p. I either had a choice in fabricating my own lower water line for the turbocharger or buying one. Well, my dad and I fabricated a new one; but for fun, I asked the dealer how much one was. They said they couldn't easily give me one, but they gave me the address of a dealer in Puerto Rico that had the ONLY 2 available :p. I didn't check the Ford/Mitsubishi dealer, but I assume the problem of finding it would be as prevalent.

SleepingEclipse said:
I needed a new fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel rail, because there was a leak right near one of the connections.

-Look in the yellow page for some hydrolic place, some NAPA location can make the line for you too.

turboholic said:
-Look in the yellow page for some hydrolic place, some NAPA location can make the line for you too.
Ditto this advice ^^^
Lots of shops fabricate replacement hoses for air conditioning, power steering, fuel and other high pressure applications. They use your existing metal fittings and crimp-on new hoses. I watched the mechanic at a little import shop near me make a complicated air conditioning replacement hose in about 15 minutes.

alright thanks guys...now that you mention the people fabricating the new part, more and more places come into mind where I might find the fuel line...puerto rico, geez, road trip!!! :D

sounds like a good time to upgrade to -an lines+fittings. total cost from the tank to the rail is around $200

AWESOME! thanks, at least now if I cant find one at the junkyard, i can get one online...why is this part so expensive? are all fuel line type parts expensive?

SleepingEclipse said:
AWESOME! thanks, at least now if I cant find one at the junkyard, i can get one online...why is this part so expensive? are all fuel line type parts expensive?
High pressure hoses with special fittings that are not universal tend to be pricey. It pays to shop around though. I priced a power steering hose at five auto parts stores and the cost varied from $40 to $120. (Guess which one I bought?)

forget lookin all around to find an old used part...replace everything fresh. stevetech.com gives instructions on creating a high flow fuel feed system, replaces everything from the pump to the fuel rail. and it's pretty cheap to do, also makes installing a fuel pressure gauge cake once u've done this mod. took me about 1.5hrs to do. less than $200...just a thought.

GSX0TIC said:
Yea I'd suggest that you just go ahead and get steel braided fuel lines...BTW what else did u have done to your car that cost $1400??? :cry:

i had a new clutch put on(and all the parts for it-cost about $350), new fuel filter, flipped the rotors or something(said it would fix the pulsing brake pedal.....it did not, not sure the cost of that), had them look at the car(which probably cost $250-300), and I can't remember what else....but I cant believe they charged me $200 to fix that fuel line...which it doesnt look ANY DIFFERENT AT ALL!!!! gosh, im glad I got a repair manual, no more automotive places ripping me a new one.....it was something like $800 for parts and $600 for labor OMG i know i got taken for a ride on the repairs..... :mad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back