The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

I'mmmm backkkkkk!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMount

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2010
Monroe, Wisconsin
yeup, finally gave in

Picked up this gal for 500$ (well picking it up Monday, but sold to me already LOL)

Better pics soon.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1994 Talon ES
White
127,000 Miles
Auto

GOOD: Very Clean shell Inside and out, has a few rough spots. All original, Car-Faxed it. Never Wrecked, Stolen, or Repainted (or was at least none of those things were reported) Paint is very good. Interior is pretty clean with the 2 tone seats and what not. 127,000 Miles. Bone Stock, never beat on or anything of the sort.

BAD: Auto, and tranny is out of it, guy said the tranny was rebuilt then put back in the car but only had 1st, P, N, so he pulled it out and took the tranny to be diagnosed and they said it was probably the valve body. I think it just wasn't put back together right (the valve body) few crucial spots that can cause loss of gears n such. ummm on the Passenger side, where the fender meets the door their is slight damage there, what looks like someone hit the door while it was open or swung it open really hard or something so there's just kinda a little indentation there and the door isn't quite sitting right, so replace both the door and fender or straighten it up and repaint it and it will be straight.
Driver side fender has a fist size dent in it, but it can more then likely be popped out, and a trim piece on driver's door popped loose a little, but other wise way better shape then any of the other DSM's I've owned, and half the miles too.

Monday I'm gonna get the tranny in it, and see what it does. then if I need to go to PAP and look for new valve body + solenoids. if all else fails I got a 5 Speed Turbo Tranny, Clutch, Flywheel, shift linkages, and shifter assembly set up and ready to be paid for and swapped in.

This car will be converted to turbo. but plans for it will be track monster now that I am a proud member of the SCCA, and since a lot of people don't track DSM's it would be nice to do something different. and I will keep my E30 for just...my beater back up car since it seems to never blow up. LOL

Don't plan on doing anything to the motor (RIGHTAWAY) that can not be swapped to a 6 bolt in case of crank walk. so if I get crank walk I can pick up a nice 6 bolt short block and throw everything on there and be done with it. but my HP goal is 350, on pump gas\e85. like I said this will probably be built for track, and track doesn't require a lot of power and since its fwd i can't put a lot of power down anyways.

questions??

don't know how things will end up but this is how it will probably go down.

it has to stay street legal tho and I go back and forth about having it hardcore track car or trackable yet still comfortable car for long drives.. either way it will go on a track no matter what I do to it...at least Autox

Engine + Tuning + Such

TDO5H 20G
Undecided on a Manifold
Open Dump O2 Housing
FP2 Cams
FP Beehive Titanium Valve springs w\ Evo9 retainers (75 lbs @ 1.575"/40mm)
HKS Adjustable CG
3.00" Turboback Exhaust (with my greatly loved Ractive Muffler)
1G Pistons + Rods
Fel-Pro Perma torque HG
ARP Head Studs
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
no idea what injectors I'll be running
DSM Link V3 (dooin it right!) running Speed Density\MAP set up.
FMIC + Hard piping
MishiMoto Radiator
Catch can
Slim Fans
5 Speed swap
Fidanza lightweight flywheel
ACT 2600 clutch

and if I ever have the money...

Helical Cut gears :D (yeah right)

Suspension + Braking

GC Coil Over's
Koni Yellow Adjustables
GC Adjustable Camber plates
ST-S Sway Bars
Poly-urethane Bushings
Dual Piston Brake Calipers
Larger Rotors (Slotted, Vented + Drilled)
(maybe just buy like a Brembo big brake kit)
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Adjustable End links
Strut Tower Bars
Upgraded Brake Master Cylinder.

nothing else I can think of right now...I'm sure that list will change.

ok after i read the whole think i get it now, its very long-term goals you got and i almost got lost in it.

it is a es model...meaning it is running a dohc non turbo 4g63 and it is a 94 so it is a 7 bolt...

its not quite a wish list when hes got me around to help him out LOL

yeah it will prob take me about a years worth of pay to afford it all. (after you subtract bills n such of course)

and alot of the things will be done by me only or mark @ Napa.

such as putting together + Maching the head.

and then other things I will do 100% by myself because I gotta make sure everything is done right and only way to do that is do it on my own or pay ALOT of money and have someone very professional do it.

you can help with the things that will require 2 people tho or just be good for an extra set of hands, tranny removal\install.... IF I don't buy a hoist that is LOL.

There's just no Cheap parts, or cutting shortcuts and I mean it this time, This talon is way to nice to let it get beat up, or ghetto rigged in anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's that have to do with anything?

maybe hes just got a crush on you. i like 1gb talons too maybe we can be friends

I don't become friends who go on random threads and say stupid shit that has nothing to do with the thread.

maybe hes just got a crush on you. i like 1gb talons too maybe we can be friends

Lol.... im pretty sure this guy knows his stuff 1gdsm and blkmount. but anyways i'll say again.... i wish like crazy we actually had a few nice dsm's and evos that got together in middle tn!! especially now that my car is up on jack stands in my garage with all 4 wheels off getting the whole underbody and fender well suspension cleaned. by the time i drive it again for the first time it will feel like a new car to me again :D

Lol.... im pretty sure this guy knows his stuff 1gdsm and blkmount. but anyways i'll say again.... i wish like crazy we actually had a few nice dsm's and evos that got together in middle tn!! especially now that my car is up on jack stands in my garage with all 4 wheels off getting the whole underbody and fender well suspension cleaned. by the time i drive it again for the first time it will feel like a new car to me again :D

I'm always down for a meet. just no one else is. "ohhh I'm too busy" "ohhh my car broke" "oooo I don't have the gas" buncha whiners.

Wish DSM enthusiasts for like the majority of Rotary Enthusiasts.

Rotary meets around here are epic.

anyways getting the car tomorrow if not Tuesday!!!!!!

Got the Talon today!! soo beautiful and clean the more and more I look at it. can't wait to get it running

I didn't get home to start working on it till about 7ish, so I only got as far as getting the transmission mounted to its transmission mount. really hard to get much done with that with only 1 person. Weighs a lot more then Manual tranny. I couldn't get it bolted to the block tho because the PO left the driver side CV axle in so it needs to come out before the tranny bolts on all the way. but I'm too sore to continue messing with it tonight.

Good luck with the new dsm, i hope she treats you well. :p

Last edited:
Got the transmission in today, and fired her up, and that's exactly what she did, even with no MAF. on first start up it went brup brup VRROOOM and died so plugged maf in, started right up again and idled perfectly, let it run for about 15 mins at idle. gave a few revs everything was perfect the car litterally purrs!

ive been trying to tell him this...LOL

trust me john its clean...some of the panels just need to be reglued and a dent on the fender and the door panel needs to be re cleared but other than that..the whole car is really REALLY clean

ben approves

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back