The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Immature, but whats the dumbest ticket you've gotten?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, i only got pulled over a couple times. They were dumb reasons though..

1) I had my school parking permit hanging from my rearview mirror. Those are usually the shit tickets that get you out of shit.. but he was dead serious. I had no other problem, thats the only reason why he pulled me over.. Only ticket I got and didn't pay it right away so it ended up being 107$ instead of like 40. :thumbdown

2) My car seems to have a hard time passing inspection, because they must have some sort of grudge on me or something. Its something new everytime.. Either its a 3rd reverse light, or something else. Once i passed emissions, the next time i failed .. it would switch like that. It made absolutely no sense and pissed me off bad. So I got pulled over for not having an inspection sticker. Gah! No ticket tho, just a warning.

Well, I'm only 20 now but I have never had a ticket or accident or anything up till a week ago. So anyways I just got back from Iraq a few weeks ago. just got my 95 talon and just got the Veterans plates and crap done. On the way home from the DMV I got hit with 90 in a 55....I really didn't even notice I was going so fast. Then I pull up to a red light which stays red (empty intersection at 1am) for 5 mins. Then I just took off. Well a cop happened to see it and happened to give me a $72 ticket. I think these veterans plates are bad luck...or perhaps it is the talon (although i had a 1g gsx before).

Ah well, two times I get to go to court.

I got a ticket in michigan for doing 110 in a 55. Mind you the ticket came after two hours of sitting in the police station.

xxrealmsxx said:
Pictures this, an arabian, and a jamaican sitting in a del sol with the top down, and a plump white cop running up and yelling "DO YOU WANT TO SAY THAT AGAIN" and us going "uhh......." and trying our hardest not to laugh.

HAHAHAHAAHA!!!

wouldnt be surprised if the cop was suspecting of some weed in the car too
wait did u actually stop and wait for the fat #### to run over to u? areu dumb man?

This kid gota fine becasue me n a buddy "borrowed" his 1984 Monte Carlo SS and were doing doughnuts on dirtroads, break stands at street lights, drag racing ###s with civics in town you name it, we even took the car to a sand pit, jumped it a few times and pulled some dukes of hazard stunts....thats with me driving....but then my buddy took over, he did some of the same stuff beut he decided to finish it off by driving the car up on a banking of a dirtroad...not thinking he goes at the banking, but theres a rock there, since we were doing like 40 inertia helped us out and we found ourselves facing toward the opposite bank. The cars rear diff was sitting on the rock, and the front end was on the dirtroad (its a narrow one car road) ...so we couldnt rock the damn thing off and we coudnt get it off since th wheels werent touchin....my buddy decides that it owuld be smart for us to book it and go home...so that we did. Alsong with leaving the scene of an accident, there were other charges...., no plates, later they found the plates my buddy threw in the woods(fake) so charged for fake plates, wreckless driving, attempt to casue harm to inviroment( i guess taking the car off road casued that). But who got slapped for all of this? THE OWNER OF THE CAR!!!!...$600 which he hasnt payed if he doesnt pay it he might get jail time, cant get his license untill 23 becasue before this he lost it for a dwi by running into a tree in his own yard at 3 am (im not joking this is very true)that was a 2 year call, now they added another 2 years..hes ####ed... n now were trying to get him this 600 ...trying to...making very pathetic attempts toWTFnly reason the owenr got the shaft for this casue he is amoron, this kid is the dumbest 19 year old ive ever talked to its sad sometimes

dumbest ticket i got? hmm, last year, 67 in a 25, failure to signal, failure to stop at a stop sign, wreckless driving, disturbing the peace, 78 in a 25, failure to signal, fleeing/evading, 137 in a 30, loud exhaust, and assaulting an officer. all that on one ticket. fought it on the grounds that the officer never had a chance to clock me, he just guessed by what speed he went trying to catch up. i never saw him from the time i was stopped before all of this, until i stopped and waited for traffic at 1:30am for 5 minutes. the assaulting an officer came when he pissed me off by yelling in my face that i dont know how to drive. i pushed him and said "if i cant drive, why the #### did it take you're fat ass so long to catch up"

and that ended with me sitting in his car, cuffed for an hour or two, and then a ticket i fought down to failure to signal and observe. whcih resulted in $105 and 4 years driving probation. if i get a single moving violation before i'm 21 i lose my liscense until i'm 25 or somethign like that. gotta love the cops that are assholes.
:dsm: :talon: :laser:

DSM Loki said:
i pushed him
You're lucky he didn't beat your ass for ya. ;)

Mine:
Indecent Exposure. I was taking a leak behind a building and a cop pulls up. I told him I was watering the weeds, he found that less than humorous. At least he didn't give me a drunk and disorderly. Ahh, the days of being young and silly.

I have only got one ticket. Faliure to stop at a stop sign, I was pulling out a resturant parking lot onto an access road there was the stop sign, I just was in the mindset that I was pulling out of a parling lot. Officer was a dick and gave me a ticket for $180! :thumbdown

Got pulled over for 42 in a 30 got a warning :thumb:

Then one day I had a guy in a Jeep acting like a dick to me I was in a Jeep as well well I continue on as normal guys rides my ass the whole time flashing something in the windwo (couldnt tell what it was) So then I switch lanes real slow and he switches so then I do it again just to mess with him alittle ( this goes on for about 10 miles) so I get into town and I see him slam on his brakes and I get pulled over by a cop.

At this point I am really pissed and start to get out of my car, then the cop warns me to get back in I comply. Next thing I know the guy in the Jeep starts yelloing that he is a Deputy sheriff (oops) well to make a long story less long, I start yelling at him and he say get out of my face I told him he was leaning into my car so the city cop grabbeb him by the arm and pulled him away. I was let off scott free,

My bros story: driving to Dallas at like 3AM drink and driving (not drunk, still stupid as shit) sees a cop going the other way flip a bi*** so my bro floors it to about 125 throws the beer out of the windows and then slows down to the speed limit. Gets arrested.

I just got one last sunday in Jersey. IT read, "Failure to keep right". I freaking was in the left hand lane for my LEFT Hand Exit. 142 buck fine. But my friend back in Punxy, Pa got one last saturday for...drumroll please....."Obstrution of view, via Fuzzy dice". HAHA, now that was the best one ever. I can't wait to get a pic of it.

petey go woosh said:
I just got one last sunday in Jersey. IT read, "Failure to keep right". I freaking was in the left hand lane for my LEFT Hand Exit. 142 buck fine. But my friend back in Punxy, Pa got one last saturday for...drumroll please....."Obstrution of view, via Fuzzy dice". HAHA, now that was the best one ever. I can't wait to get a pic of it.

i almost got a ticket for my fuzzy dice. seriously, cmon, they arent even hanging down low.

petey go woosh said:

These cops need to come down to VA EVERYONE rides in the left hand lane. They dont' pass or anything they just fawking sit there and it pisses me the fawk off

ldstang50 said:
These cops need to come down to VA EVERYONE rides in the left hand lane. They dont' pass or anything they just fawking sit there and it pisses me the fawk off

mmm, yes in NY they do that to and its obnoxious.

I seem to have gotten lucky ALOT with cops, so I dont mind them so much.

But the only dumb thing I got wasn't that dumb really. I was in a big parking lot with friends and trying to get the talon sideways, cop watching the whole ####in time, comes up behinde me, told me he could give me a wreckless driveing ticket then gives me a cruseing ticket.

"Cruseing in a parking lot" :rolleyes: I dont see how I could have actualy got anything else though it was a parking lot not a public road.... but oh well.

JiveMasterT said:
mmm, yes in NY they do that to and its obnoxious.
Yep, around the Sac area here in California too. :thumbdown

I was in a 98 eclipse rs Red sporty looking, I take a right @ at red light (perfectly legal) in the other lane coming towards me there was a older muscle car (couldnt telly a what it was, sounded bad ass just was really slow) So the guy started taunting me and trying to get me to race and I was declining and finally he floored it and I wasnot about to let him think eclipses are slow :p so I gunned it and kept up with him (he was still barely pulling on me) then in a parking lot up ahead I see 2 cops facing our way and I'm like on shit I just got a ticket! So I slow down to about 15 mph (before I even passed the 2 popo's) I barely pass the 2 popo vehicles and they both pull out behind me and pull just me over...

I was upst they only pulled me over and not the other guy but whateverI was a idiot and I deserved it anyway.

So the Lady Police comes up to my door and says do you know how fast you were going, I replied no I'm sorry I don't. She said I clocked you at 67 (in a 35(in front of the beaverton police station/fire dept)) She grabbed my stuff and went back to her popo car and then came back a few minutes later (me and my friend were on our way to starbucks because some of our friends were all meeting there (all driving behind me)

She told me well since its your first offence I'm going to lower the speed down to just 19 over so I don't have to take you to jail (I was scared shitless) and I thanked her and I was on my way.

fought it in court ended up getting half of th fine taken off and just 1 point on my record... ahh well good deal

2nd time. in my 94 awd dsm

I just got back from a local Tuner's place that was doing a exhaust/clutch for me and coming back from Washington to Oregon there is a 50mph bridge...

Well speed limitin washington is 70, oregon 55... so after the bridge i get back up to 60 and cruise... well I saw the cop and thought oh hes pulling out I bet he saw my no front plate. ( i had go tpulled over week before for no front plate but he said just fix it asap)

I was actually in the process of getting a new plate honest to god.

So the cop catches up to me after a few minutes and I', like oh great it was for me... so I pull over after he turns his lights on and comes up and ver politly he asks me how fast I was going. I was in disbelief that he was pulling me over for speeding!

Anyways I'm nice to him and hes nice back and ends up giving me a lil over 100$ ticket for going 61 in a 50...

Well apparently it was still a 50 not a 55 so 61 would of been 11 over instead of 6 over... WELL my bad...

fought it in court, Officer did not show up (thank you) and I got off without having to say a single thing to the Judge.

I love america! :dsm: :thumb: :D

i got a no front plate ticket the other day. i pull into a car meet and the cops are guarding the entrance to make sure no one does anything stupid. a cop says wheres your plate i said i just got the car a few days ago and i don't hav ea plate holder yet hes like alright next time have it on and lets me go. i go out of the parking lot to get some food i come back and a different cop writes me a ticket, even after i go tell him to talk to his buddy who said it was alright for now. stupid cops

whats worse is today i got a "driving while on cell phone" ticket. i hate NY

I got a ticket for obstructing traffic. I was driving and talking to my friend next to me in another car. Thing is we were coming up to a red light. So I took him to court and he showed up all cocky like most cops do. I asked him a few questions and I beat his ass in court. Judge said because I was coming up to a red light I was not obstructing traffic. I was excused to go right then and the cop had to stay. Best day ever :rocks: ROFL

Savage Talon said:
I got a ticket for obstructing traffic. I was driving and talking to my friend next to me in another car. Thing is we were coming up to a red light. So I took him to court and he showed up all cocky like most cops do. I asked him a few questions and I beat his ass in court. Judge said because I was coming up to a red light I was not obstructing traffic. I was excused to go right then and the cop had to stay. Best day ever :rocks: ROFL

except now that cop is sitting in his patrol car waiting for you to drive by so he can ticket you for your exhaust. :thumb:

xxrealmsxx said:
I got a friend of mine a ticket for disorderly conduct because we yelled (i egged him into it) bastard at a cop who set up a speed trap and caught a mustang cobra that was driving in front of us (yelled on the way back).

Now we are planning to go to court and contest his ticket (i didnt get one, but the cop threatened to take my friend to jail and all this stuff) and i was wondering, whats the dumbest ticket you've gotten?

I didnt think this was a big deal because it's just so lame and immature, but seems like an interesting topic.

We need more people like you, cops are ashame. Me and my friends yell at them all the time. I use to work for one and he also ran a cell phone business and what he would do is make me be on the lookout for him while he went and parked in the back of the business and slept during his shift *night shift*

Anyways I got a dumb ticket for parking to far away from a curb :|

This is the gayest ticket I have ever gotten.

It was about 2 weeks ago and I had just gotten another car. The car had not been registered yet, so it was out dated. Also the insurance was not paid for the car either. Basically what happens is one night I was locked out of the house and so I decided to sleep in the car. I turned the car on at about 5:00AM or so to heat it up (It was cold! :p). I fall asleep and wake up to an officer next to me. He said some neighbor called on me, and that I was disturbing the neighborhood. He gives me a ticket for no insurance and registration. I thought it was pretty ###... I mean the car was sitting OUTSIDE my house. Not like I was driving the damn thing anywhere... hopefully I'll get out of this ticket LOL.

I wouldnt say this is the dumbest, but quite possibly, the best!

I went to the local race spot on sunday, but sunday isnt race night. I went to 7-11 to get water from dying of thirst, and my moms house is an exit away. The race spot is off the parkway so all I had to do is make a u turn and get back on the parkway. I see a sweet STi that was chillen in the parking lot with a mustang buddy, big FMIC instead of a topmount. I give a quick spurt of the BOV. Come to the light that turns yellow , look behind me and see the STi rip out of the parking lot. We just play with eachother for about a mile, with me not even ripping open my wastegate. He had a stockish apearing exhaust. I was like, sweetcakes! We line up at a light, I hit the stutterbox, he starts revving up, light goes green. I must of slipped the clutch alittle to quickly. Spin through first in this nasty awd. He gets a car jump on me, by mid of third, im roaring past him. Bring it into fifth, dont even know how fast I was going, but he was about 3 cars behind. We slow down to about 20, him asking me what mods I had, him saying he was "stock except for the upgraded frount mount". I told him I was running a FP 3065 on a stock motor. Next thing I know, lights. We both pull over, cop is behind me, with the STi infront of me. He walks up to my window.

Him - "What the F*CK is wrong with you??? Why shouldnt I throw your f*ckin' ass in jail???"
Me - (shrug) "Im sorry officer"
Him - "License and registration"

Walks to the STi and talks with him for 5 min. Comes back to my window.

Him - "Do you know him?"
Me - "No, I just stopped into 7-11 to get water and next thing I knew, we went at it."

Goes to his car, comes back 20 min later.. No joke, 20 min.

Him - "We have a slight problem, your license plate shows up as TURBODSM, not *******"
Me - "I just got those plates a week ago, but it didnt come with a regristation sticker"
Him - "I see you have a expired inspection"
Me - "??? Really?!?"
Him - "Yeah"
Me - "And when did this happen?"
Him - "Today"
Me- "Are you serious?"
Him - "Yep, expires may 1st." Mind you its 1:15 in the morning on may 1st.
Him - "Thank you for being so cooperative, Ill try to let you off on the expired inspection"
Me - "Thank you"

Goes back to his car, starts writing up tickets. Comes back 20 min later, yes 20 min!

Him - "Be careful and dont get into anymore trouble!" Hands me 1 ticket for expired inspection with my license and registration. :rocks:
Me - "Just out of curousity officer, how did you catch me?"
Him - "Your car was roaring and I heard it from 2 blocks away. So I grabbed my radar gun"
Me - "What did you clock me at?"
Him - "134 in a 30." WTF OMG
Him - "Fire it up ang get atta here!"
Me - "Thank you officer!!!"

Sent it in next day fullied payed. The sti didnt get so lucky. He got bagged with reckless driving, speeding, and evasion. (he thought the cop was pulling me over, so he tried to leave.

Came to realise a week later, the STi was cobb stage 2, full 3" exhaust, full fuel support, fmic, and suspension, and ran a 12.2 the week before! :thumb:

90GSXDan said:
I wouldnt say this is the dumbest, but quite possibly, the best!

I went to the local race spot on sunday, but sunday isnt race night. I went to 7-11 to get water from dying of thirst, and my moms house is an exit away. The race spot is off the parkway so all I had to do is make a u turn and get back on the parkway. I see a sweet STi that was chillen in the parking lot with a mustang buddy, big FMIC instead of a topmount. I give a quick spurt of the BOV. Come to the light that turns yellow , look behind me and see the STi rip out of the parking lot. We just play with eachother for about a mile, with me not even ripping open my wastegate. He had a stockish apearing exhaust. I was like, sweetcakes! We line up at a light, I hit the stutterbox, he starts revving up, light goes green. I must of slipped the clutch alittle to quickly. Spin through first in this nasty awd. He gets a car jump on me, by mid of third, im roaring past him. Bring it into fifth, dont even know how fast I was going, but he was about 3 cars behind. We slow down to about 20, him asking me what mods I had, him saying he was "stock except for the upgraded frount mount". I told him I was running a FP 3065 on a stock motor. Next thing I know, lights. We both pull over, cop is behind me, with the STi infront of me. He walks up to my window.

Him - "What the F*CK is wrong with you??? Why shouldnt I throw your f*ckin' ass in jail???"
Me - (shrug) "Im sorry officer"
Him - "License and registration"

Walks to the STi and talks with him for 5 min. Comes back to my window.

Him - "Do you know him?"
Me - "No, I just stopped into 7-11 to get water and next thing I knew, we went at it."

Goes to his car, comes back 20 min later.. No joke, 20 min.

Him - "We have a slight problem, your license plate shows up as TURBODSM, not *******"
Me - "I just got those plates a week ago, but it didnt come with a regristation sticker"
Him - "I see you have a expired inspection"
Me - "??? Really?!?"
Him - "Yeah"
Me - "And when did this happen?"
Him - "Today"
Me- "Are you serious?"
Him - "Yep, expires may 1st." Mind you its 1:15 in the morning on may 1st.
Him - "Thank you for being so cooperative, Ill try to let you off on the expired inspection"
Me - "Thank you"

Goes back to his car, starts writing up tickets. Comes back 20 min later, yes 20 min!

Him - "Be careful and dont get into anymore trouble!" Hands me 1 ticket for expired inspection with my license and registration. :rocks:
Me - "Just out of curousity officer, how did you catch me?"
Him - "Your car was roaring and I heard it from 2 blocks away. So I grabbed my radar gun"
Me - "What did you clock me at?"
Him - "134 in a 30." WTF OMG
Him - "Fire it up ang get atta here!"
Me - "Thank you officer!!!"

Sent it in next day fullied payed. The sti didnt get so lucky. He got bagged with reckless driving, speeding, and evasion. (he thought the cop was pulling me over, so he tried to leave.

Came to realise a week later, the STi was cobb stage 2, full 3" exhaust, full fuel support, fmic, and suspension, and ran a 12.2 the week before! :thumb:

Amazing, simply amazing :thumb:

a while back i had a bad idle problem where it would randomly die on me every so often when i would idle. so i am coming up to a stop sign and i push in the clutch and bam it dies. im going about 15 20. i coast through the stop sign and come to a stop about 15 feet after the stopsign. up comes a cop 10 sec later as im already pulled over. i say im sorry telling him how the car malfunctioned and what not. he sees my gas is low and he says its probably because of low gas, which is your fault, so i am writing you the ticket. i get very pissed off and start the car to show him and of course it starts fine. after the ticket he gives me a ride to the gas station and 5$ and a ride back to my car. car died 3 more times on the way home :mad:

I realy dont feel like typing this whole story again so i'll put it in a nutshell,
Borrowed a 76 cadillac coupe deville w/ the 500ci v8 and drove it off a damn cliff 2 months after getting license
smaked in the face w/ reckless driving but got it reduced to 2nd degree neglegent and a to fast for conditions, went to court, got a lawyer, kept my license and my dad never found out beleive it or not. not bad considering it was my 2nd month with license.

im a much better driver now

BoBbOrAzE said:
a while back i had a bad idle problem where it would randomly die on me every so often when i would idle. so i am coming up to a stop sign and i push in the clutch and bam it dies. im going about 15 20. i coast through the stop sign and come to a stop about 15 feet after the stopsign. up comes a cop 10 sec later as im already pulled over. i say im sorry telling him how the car malfunctioned and what not. he sees my gas is low and he says its probably because of low gas, which is your fault, so i am writing you the ticket. i get very pissed off and start the car to show him and of course it starts fine. after the ticket he gives me a ride to the gas station and 5$ and a ride back to my car. car died 3 more times on the way home :mad:

shoulda been like "it's not my fault officer! it's friggen crank walk!" :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back